Holiday rental platforms to report to Spanish Treasury

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I appreciate your advice but I have taken advice both from my gestor in Spain and my accountant in the UK.They both say I declare my income from being an agent in the UK. Are you sure you are understanding my situation? I don't have any offices or premises in Spain. I don't employ anyone else. I pay tax on my own properties that I rent in Spain. I pay tax on my rental earnings from renting other peoples properties in the Uk as that is where I am resident. Its down to the owners to pay their own tax on their own propertys. Thats what I have been told and thats what I have in writing
CSE

Post by CSE »

I fully understood. All but one point. How can you be an agent whilst living in the UK? I have always thought they that had to be hands on and living nearby to take over when there are either issues from the guests or hand over keys.

May I suggest you post all the information you have received? It would be of help to members on this forum.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I am a rental agent whilst in the uk. I don't do the changeovers, I take the bookings. Everything else is sorted by the owner/keyholder
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

I received the email today from HomeAway asking for the info they need to report to the Spanish tax authorities. One of the questions is 'is this property a rural house?'. I'm assuming that they are asking if we are a Casa Rural specifically, rather than a house in a rural area. Our licence is for a Vivienda Rural, so should I answer no to this question?
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Gazpacho, yes I wondered what that means. We are a Casa Rural so I answered yes, but probably would answer yes if oura was a vivienda rural as I don`t think it has to do with any different tax status. Probably to only help with the addressing problems for rural properties.

ABB make no such distinction so I don't think it has to do with Hacienda for example..
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

Thanks cleanforum!
Torrox

Post by Torrox »

It's not very clear in the law itself:

Con fines de prevención del fraude fiscal se establece una obligación de información específica para las personas o entidades, en particular, las denominadas «plataformas colaborativas», que intermedien en la cesión del uso de viviendas con fines turísticos. Quedan excluidos de este concepto el arrendamiento o subarrendamiento de viviendas tal y como se definen en la Ley 29/1994, de 24 de noviembre, de Arrendamientos Urbanos, y los alojamientos turísticos regulados por su normativa específica como establecimientos hoteleros, alojamientos en el medio rural, albergues y campamentos de turismo, entre otros. Asimismo, queda excluido el derecho de aprovechamiento por turno de bienes inmuebles.

We have a VTAR and did provide the information.
linda147

Post by linda147 »

I run my business from the UK and am completely commission only. I don't employ anyone in Spain or have an office there. The people that do the meet and greets and maintenance/cleaning are all resident in Spain and themselves self employed. I have a house in Spain but don't rent that out.
All the houses are registered as Vivienda Rurals because of the size of the town in Andalucia. All the registration documents give details of the owners and the two people in the town that look after the houses.
Should I be worried?
Thanks
Swales

New tax implications after Brexit

Post by Swales »

I have been notified by Home Away about the new requirements regarding providing tax information in Spain. I currently have a licence and pay my rental tax for each period as required and my non resident tax. Just wondering what the tax implications will be for UK citizens after Brexit. Currently we have the dual taxation agreement and as EU members pay 19% tax. If we leave EU does this mean no dual taxation and 24% tax!!!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

interesting swales, I pay 24% tax in Spain!!!