smart tv set up

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Henny

smart tv set up

Post by Henny »

Hello all, I would so appreciate your advice ... I have installed a samsung smart tv in my holiday cottage and set it up as per the screen prompts. I have put in the wifi code so it should be linked to the internet. It prompted me to set up a samsung account, I think it wanted an e-mail address... but I have skipped these screens. Should I? I haven't had my own tv since last century!! If I don't set up an account, does this mean a guest could ... and would this matter, or do people log in with their own existing accounts?? I am clueless. The idea of a smart tv is so people can use Netflix with their own codes (and expertise!!)... many thanks in advance, Henny
jafa

Post by jafa »

Don't have a Samsung, but I know it has integrated Apps on the tv. It probably means you can set up an account to buy different add ons. Its probably safer for you to set up the account with your passwords etc. than allow a guest the facility to do it themselves and download loads of stuff that you know nothing about. But just don't leave the account on line/switched on if you get the drift. Make sure you have to sign back in to do anything, then the guests wont have your username/passwords etc.
Jafa
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

We have a Samsung Smart TV with the Netflix app. We skipped the setting up of the samsung email account. We have a 4 digit PIN which you can use to lock access beyond the available apps - which means guests can't add new apps or delete what is there.