Booking.Com Dog Charge & Security Deposit

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
jeffers70

Booking.Com Dog Charge & Security Deposit

Post by jeffers70 »

Hi, I have recently listed on booking.com and finding it hard to set up with correct charges. Am I correct in you are not able to set a fee for a dog just a charges may be applicable and the charge has to be collected after the booking by the owner? Also does a security deposit need to be collected by the owner after the guest has paid booking.com?
Do owners get guests to fill out a booking form accepting their conditions when booking through booking.com? Anybody's help would be appreciated.
CSE

Post by CSE »

fist question.
Have you talked to the bods at Booking?
If so what have they said?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
jeffers70

Post by jeffers70 »

No I haven't spoke to them. When i had initially created the website and not gone live i got a call from booking.com asking why and this came from Holland. Im sure they will have a uk number but thought it would be easier asking other people how they got on!
CSE

Post by CSE »

The company is based in the Netherlands,
It is usual to get a call if you do not go live, Sometimes an owner has difficulty finishing the work off and staff are there to help you.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Cymraes

Re: Booking.Com Dog Charge & Security Deposit

Post by Cymraes »

jeffers70 wrote:Hi, I have recently listed on booking.com and finding it hard to set up with correct charges. Am I correct in you are not able to set a fee for a dog just a charges may be applicable and the charge has to be collected after the booking by the owner?
I can't see any way to set up a dog charge. Can you disguise it as a cleaning charge and waive it for non dog owner guests? I collect the money myself and this would be a simple way of doing it (especially as cleaning charges are not commissionable)
jeffers70 wrote: Also does a security deposit need to be collected by the owner after the guest has paid booking.com?
I believe so. I don't think they handle security deposits for you. I don't ask for them.

jeffers70 wrote: Do owners get guests to fill out a booking form accepting their conditions when booking through booking.com? Anybody's help would be appreciated.
Yes - booking.com gives me the guests phone number and a site email address. I just send them my usual acceptance which has links to my online booking form and payment links. Unlike other platforms they allow you to contact guests directwithout stripping out vital details. I could also ring the guest and ask for their email but I don't normally bother.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I had a listing with Booking.com previously .. at that time there was no mechanism for Booking.com to be able to take a security deposit for you.

I stopped the listing mainly because I only got one booking in 9 months or so and also because my one set of guests left a bit of a mess.

I would consider listing with them again given changes with Owners Direct.