OD 'Ranking Metrics'!!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
rosebud

OD 'Ranking Metrics'!!

Post by rosebud »

If you are listing with Owner's Direct you can now supposedly benefit from their 'Ranking Metrics' on 8 criteria.

I assume that if you do well on all you are rewarded by being invited to be a Premier Partner with additional promotion.. so yes I would like this as OD has not been up to much for me recently.

On most criteria (E.g Reviews) I am 'Doing Great - Premier Metric' On some I am merely 'Doing Great' despite being ranked at no 1 out of 6600.

However on 'Minimum Stay Searches' my rating is 'Keep Improving'. As i don't want to advertise for fewer than 3 nights I don't think I will ever have a chance of improving...

Does anyone else have a similar experience?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

It may not necessarily produce any better results. A non-scientific search of accommodation showed Premier Partners have approximately a 1% higher service fee attached to their listings - this is why they are promoting them - and hence their requirement for Premier Partners to "set and maintain fair, competitive, and consistent pricing".

To answer your question though, all PP seem to have a separate additional cleaning charge which then makes any stay under 3 nights not worthwhile for guests to book
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

On the metric for Page Views I get a "Could do better"

DOH !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

e-richard wrote:On the metric for Page Views I get a "Could do better"
DOH !
Keep on viewing your own page, Richard, and you'll get there in the end! I'm now off to view my 'ranking metrics' - can't wait.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Good idea Andrew, but one would expect repeat visits from the same IP not to be counted.

On the other hand this is HomeAway software :wink:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !