Reviews

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Tournesol

Reviews

Post by Tournesol »

I don't understand how some guests rate their stays on Booking.com. I've had guests give glowing reviews then rate quite low.
The last one told us how perfect it was; he couldn't believe it was only 5 minutes walk from his friend's house, then in "location" gave only 7.5. ( 10s in other areas)
???
What you've never had you never miss!
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

French guests don't score highly... a 7.9 from a French guest means 'Oh wow, I LOVE this place!!'... it's just a cultural thing.

Try not to worry... 90% of our business is French and, as such, our score is (marginally) lower than an equivalent gite with lower occupancy nearby who cater for 90% UK guests. The French prefer to book with us... they say our score, when coupled with the comments, is more believable :)
Tournesol

Post by Tournesol »

Actually he was English!
What you've never had you never miss!
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

As Ecosse says some people just don't like giving high scores, a score of 10 would mean 'perfection' to some people, there is always a some reason to bring the score down. Your guest may have given his low score on location for reasons other than the proximity to his friends house.
yer tis

Post by yer tis »

I have the same problem with BC reviews, as you say glowing remarks then low scores of 7.5 for location mostly.
I feel there should be a different score between 7.5 and 10 with BC and have told BC that. :roll: