Rental Payments

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
lolita

Rental Payments

Post by lolita »

I' msure Ive seen on this forum someone saying OD & homeaway can pay you through paypal. Can you tell me how to do this as I have asked 6 moths ago and they told me they can only accept to pay me by bank transfer.
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

Not exactly answering your query, granted, but be careful if accepting payments via Paypal. The guest can ask for a chargeback months later. I accept Paypal from my website, but hardly anyone pays that way. If the worst came to the worst, the maximum amount I could lose out on wouldn't be a lot, as mine is a budget rental. But still. If you do a rental for £1000, say, the guest can later ask Paypal for a chargeback on the flimsiest of reasons. :shock:
lolita

paypal

Post by lolita »

thanks limousine-cottage for your kind & timely advise, you are correct about paypal and chargebacks, very valid point, I appreciate it.
I ve been advertising with OD for over 14 years now and this is the first time I am not on subscription because as we all know we have no choice now but to pay commission. I shall be having some new renters through OD soon and could I ask, if things go well do I have to log in and actually authorise OD to reimburse the security money? or do they do it anyway if they do not hear from me? Thanks.
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

I don’t use OD, but I think they are all much the same. Once your guests leave, they email you to tell you you have so long to let them know it’s ok to release the damage deposit, then if they don’t hear from you, they refund it.
lolita

Post by lolita »

Thank you very much for your information, your cottage in France looks lovely. wish you all the best for the renting.