Retired couples

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
sas401

Retired couples

Post by sas401 »

I seem to get a lot of families booking in the last couple of years which naturally I dont mind but would like to aim more at the retired couples or nearing retirement age groups. I mainly advertise on facebook so wondering what my best plan is without spending a small fortune. Would like to get more bookings for shoulder months.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Do you set a target age group when you post on Facebook? That might help. Also, I'm not sure if Facebook is the first place that age group would look for holidays.

We're almost in that bracket and it's only recently that I've discovered holiday groups on Facebook. My similar age friends do use things like Airbnb and TripAdvisor (despite my best efforts!).
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

My FHL is a family home. Historically when grandma or grandad make the booking they come through TA or OD (I don't advertise on AB&B). Some still send a cheque for payment. Younger people who book tend to scour the Internet to find me elsewhere - website, Facebook etc.

sas41 - you could still advertise with the big boys on commission. you then only pay a percentage on each booking. Also I would suggest looking for and advertising local activities that might attract older visitors.
The best things in life are free