Room Only accommodation

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
brenda

Room Only accommodation

Post by brenda »

Does anyone on here offer just Room Only accommodation? If so, where do you advertise?

Up to now we have done Bed + Breakfast but hubby has just been diagnosed with a very serious Heart condition so that has had to go.

Am left with 2, very well equipped en suite rooms.

Any ideas?
Vally

Post by Vally »

Have you thought of a ready packed continental brekkie served to the room? rather than room only....I am not " abroad" and really no nothing of letting overseas, but we have two annexe suites and I serve them with continental, I put a small fridge in with all the goodies in, I do rather " go to town" with it but you don't have to
enid

Post by enid »

Vally what a great idea - I'd love that if I were a client. Your publicity could stress the plus side of this ' breakfast when you are ready' - I might take mine at midnight!!!!! :D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi. I thought this sounded like a good compromise so toddled off to look at your website to see if your rooms were big enough for a small table and a couple of chairs but it said that your site couldn't be found :(

www.thepetitmanoir.com
brenda

Post by brenda »

One room is very spacious - 30 square meters and has a Dining Table and 4 chairs.

The other is much smaller at 13 square metes and has a Coffee Table with Tea/Coffee making facilities but no room for a Dining Table.

This may be a solution in the larger room.

Thanks for all your help.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Brenda, I really don't think it would be a problem there either if you have room for a fridge and coffee making facilities.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Will do - many thanks. Both rooms already have a fridge and Tea/Coffee making facilities.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Brenda, I assume you will have an outdoor sitting area, so no problem, as it will be warm enough for quite a bit of the year.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks helenab - Both rooms leave straight out onto our large poolside terrace. Will give it a try.
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Hi Brenda,

A few weeks ago, along with my sister and her husband, we stayed in Rome for a couple of nights. This was our first time using this type of 'eat it when you want it breakfast'.

When we arrived the owners told us that when we were out they would pop up in the evening to set the table and put the perishables in the fridge.

On our first night we toddled off to the local village as you do, for eats and drinks. Easily excitable saddos as my sister and I are, we were looking forward to getting back to the apartment to see what goodies were waiting for us. :D

With high hopes and expectations we even thought we would have a cuppa when we got in that night.

What a let down we were in for. :cry: There was a cafetiere with the coffee grains carefully measured in, a miniscule jug of milk just like one from a childs teaset...no chance of a second cup then! One loaf of bread with 4 little portions of butter, a pot of jam.

We did have a little luxury the second morning when cornflakes with a slightly larger jug of milk was provided. :lol:

Even funnier was that the owners wanted 1 euro for the dishwasher tablet. Sorry, but thats an expensive way to wash 8 cups, 8 side plates and 8 knives, we got our own back by rinsing them under a hot tap....ahhh sweet revenge. :twisted:

Not that I'm say you would ever dream of doing the same, we just expected the kind of service that we would provide for others. Probably like Vally provides. 8)

Fortunately as well as being easily excitable we have crazy sense of humours so could see the funny side and it humoured us on our onward travels. :lol: :lol: :lol:
brenda

Post by brenda »

Hi Eileen

Funny - had just been planning my Breakfast tray!

How does the following sound? Its just a modification of our current Continental Breakfast but would fit in fridge:-

2 x Croissants + 1 x Breakfast Pastry per person
Jam + Butter to go with above
Fresh Fruit (usuall Pineapple, melon etc.)
Ham, Cheese + Smoked Salmon Platter
Carton of Fruit Juice
Carton of Milk
Choice of Cereal
Muesli Bar
20cl Bottle of Cava p.p.

There are already Drink facilities in the room (with a selection of Teas, Herbal Teas, Hot Chocolate, Coffees + Decaf Coffee).

Would value your opinion.

Tahnks,

Brenda
enid

Post by enid »

Sounds great to me :D
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Brenda, I'm on my way! That lot would do me for the day!

Joking aside, I'm sure there are many people who are not terribly sociable in the mornings and would be delighted to have that provided in their rooms. Make sure you list that lot on your advertising and I'm sure you'll have no problem getting visitors.

Intigued to know what you would normally have provided?
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks to you both.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. - will start this in the New Year when, hopefully, hubby will be a little improved.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Would that I could have that every morning! :)
Brooke