Room Only accommodation

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Sorry to hear about your husband's health problems. The breakfast sounds delicious. Perhaps you could offer a small selection to choose from when they book? That way, you would make sure that everyone has what they like, but without going overboard, then having to throw half of it away.

If so, I might be tempted to offer either the smoked salmon or salami with the cheese platter. (The strong smell of smoked salmon might taint the cheese on the platter after a night in the fridge and not everyone likes strong fish, so some might prefer salami?) Also, if there are any children in the family, peanut butter and grape jelly would go down well with US families, adults and kids alike. It's their standby for any time of day and night, so also good for a midnight snack.

Just a suggestion.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I don't dislike staying in hotels or b&b's and have had some lovely breakfasts , but I always either struggle to get there on time, or don't feel like eating it at all. If I got it like that it would be great.
debk

Post by debk »

The only B&Bs we stay in do this type of thing because my husband refuses to inflict me upon the world in the morning.

So I love, love, love this idea!

(Agree with Joanna, though, that anything strong smelling should be optional.)

Best wishes to you and your husband. Hope he is feeling well very soon.

Big hug,
debk
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Brenda,

That is far better than some welcome packs I have had over the years! It sounds yummy and more along the lines of what we were looking for.

Joannas suggestion of giving your guests a choice is a great idea. From a guest's point of view it's an original touch, I'm sure many (if they're like me!) would prefer to take breakfast on the terrace rather than make small talk in a dining room.
enid

Post by enid »

Looks like what seemed a problem could turn out to be a real promotional feature - go for it. :D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Brenda- it's amazing at how what looked like a problem originally could have turned out so well !! Like Enid and the others have said it could turn into a real feature , Go for it !! Mmmm... I shouldn't be writing this at breakfast time, you have made me hungry :lol: :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Vally

Post by Vally »

Apart from only offering cheese that is almost the same as I offer. I can't remember if you did OJ and Yog but we put that in too, and I always bring the toaster through and provide plain bread for toasting...when its all laid out its quite a feast!! We put it down the night before, when the folk are out or to a time agreed between us.
I also forgot to say sorry to hear the circumstance that have caused this , my husband is ill too and we have had to make major changes to the running of our hotel, now a B&B with self-catering.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks Vally - my very good wishes to your husband and yourself.

Yes - did include OJ and Yoghourt.

Will see how Ian goes on up yo the New Year to see whether he can drive by then. As we live away from any shops - and I don´t drive - Breakfast is going to depend on us having transport to shop.

It does sound a great idea but has to depend on practicality. That was why Room Only sounded an easier option.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Brenda, how about leaving the accommodation as room-only over the winter months, and letting your husband recover? Then your new plan can start afresh for the following summer.
Your place looks lovely, by the the way.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Thanks HelenB - think we will have to do that and see how Ian goes on. Prognosis not good at the moment but we remain optimistic.

Still haven´t found any Room Only ad sites!

Can´t thank everyone enough for their input on this. If any of you ever visit this part of Spain our door is always open and a bottle of Wine ready + waiting if you fancy calling.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Your listing at Owners Direct looks fine, are these the same rooms? Have a look at some Greek properties, rooms in homes are quite common there.
I'd just list them as rooms/ studios for now, and perhaps offer breakfast as an option at a later date if you are able to.
Vally

Post by Vally »

Chin up ...prognosis not always correct , my husband is still here having been given 5 months ( if the treatment was not effective) 5 years ago... I think I have said this before on here he is not "well" but he is still here...sorry hijacked the subject again!!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Yes Helen - the ad on Owners Direct is for the same rooms. They let me swap categories from Bed + Breakfast. Thanks for your comments.

Vally - you and your husband are in my thoughts.

And so to bed! Has been my birthday so think I may treat myself to a glass of Vino. Goodnight all.
enid

Post by enid »

Well I suppose you won't read this until tomorrow but still...

Happy Birthday to you

http://www.jocelyncurry.com/gif.%20imag ... lesweb.gif
debk

Post by debk »

Feliz aniversário!!!

debk