Holiday Home Rentals Facebook Group

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
vfmfca

Holiday Home Rentals Facebook Group

Post by vfmfca »

You can now list your vacant dates on the new Holiday Home Rentals Facebook Group. This is a Buy and Sell Facebook Group specifically for listing your vacant dates. If you wish to list your holiday home please click "Sell Something" and enter the heading including location, enter a price and the description including your vacant dates. Please read the Group description before posting your holiday home vacancies. Facebook is great for selling and buying as you can list specific vacant dates, but it needed a Group focussed on Holiday home rentals. I had a thirteen day gap and obtained a booking for exactly 13 days through Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/812251865631382/
The past, present and future walk into a bar, it was tense!
Administrator of Holiday Home Rentals Facebook Group (List you Holiday Rental) https://www.facebook.com/groups/812251865631382/
volcano

Post by volcano »

Now that SH is no longer a solution for me either, I'm looking for other channels to market my house.
I haven't been interested in Fb so far, but consider it now. How well is it going for you?
I welcome any advice so that I don't do anything wrong.
Thank you everyone
CSE

Post by CSE »

I just looked.
It seems a mess. No 2021 posts as far as I can see. Screen shot link:
https://pasteboard.co/K9SHkVw.png

Houses located all over the place, London, Spain, Greece, Turkey etc.
The Turkish one looks like a scam as the price stated is only one pound.
One location in Spain gives a link to a website which is no longer registered and is up for sale.

How do FB members look through the dross to find you?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
volcano

Post by volcano »

Many thanks CSE
I think that wasn't a good idea.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

FB is a mixed blessing for us - we've had some bookings through it but it can be a lot of work so I do wonder whether I would rather just pay for a listing site instead.

There are two aspects to it - one is social proof and the other is about reaching potential guests.

We have a FB page for each cottage and at the moment my daughter is posting on them for us. In these days of scammers this gives potential guests some extra reassurance that we are genuine and they can check that our phone number etc matches with our website.

I also belong to some owners direct booking groups. There's one for Devon & Cornwall that's very active and I've had a couple of bookings through. The others are less successful. It seems to depend on your location - if you're in a tourist area then there may well be an active group that would be worth joining.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth