Help! Changeover cleaning etc?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Beerwulf55

Help! Changeover cleaning etc?

Post by Beerwulf55 »

Hello folks,
We are really struggling to find changeover services for our new place (Peak District)...the ones we have identified online are either too far out of area or not taking on new clients. We are too far away to do this ourselves, and hadnt anticpiated it being such a difficult issue. Has anyone got any advice here, for example advertising that works? :-)
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Put some cards up in local shops and local advertising sites. You may be better off with a private arrangement, although if you go down that route try and have a releif cleaner as well in case your regular person goes on holiday or is sick.
Do you know anyone with a local holiday let? Their cleaner may be able to spread the word for you to suitable people.

This will be an important person for you, so good luck, I hope you find someone suitable soon.
Beerwulf55

Post by Beerwulf55 »

Thanks Zebedee, all comments noted :-)
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Yes, I would suggest advertising in local shops etc. and asking around. There might be someone who has/is a daily/weekly cleaner who would be able to do a bit of weekend work.

Is there a local paper with small ads you could advertise or find someone advertising their services.
rammy100

Post by rammy100 »

Does your area have a local Facebook page? If so, try posting on there. I was swamped when I once posted an advert.
Here we go again........
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

You have my sympathy - we've found it difficult in the past for our cottage in Devon.

When you're in the area check out noticeboards in local shops, cafes, libraries, etc. We found our first cleaner from a card she'd put up in the local fish and chip shop. Also, ask any related suppliers for recommendations - the local laundry, for example. And whenever someone says they're not available ask them if they know of anyone else who might be.

These days I also agree that a local Facebook group could work quite well.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth