Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

advise on best Dordogne location
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Buying/selling your home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bornintheuk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

casasantoestevo wrote:
Quote:
we have done over the past 25 yrs, but its a long slow process

Sounds extremely slow to me. May you should write a book about it over that time you must have many a story to tell of the ups and downs.

Maybe slow to you but with a barn to convert, 2 houses to completely renovate including roofs, 2 swimming pools to construct, run a business importing and installing solar panels, raising 2 kids, creating an art studio and gallery and running art courses, having some holidays, and waiting for cashflow for the next part of the project to start (one year we had enough money over to order 16 cu m of redimix!) then yes the time has been "occupied".
No time to write a book and frankly the upsides outweigh the downs by a very large amount otherwise sensible people stop.
We both wouldn't have it any other way and it has certainly has brought myself and my lovely wife closer together sharing a common goal and vision for our family.
Buying/selling your home