Alternative to Homeaway for Guests to search?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
SPJ

Alternative to Homeaway for Guests to search?

Post by SPJ »

I've been speaking to (English) potential guests who hoped to stay with us but unfortunately cannot. We talked about Homeaway's poor service and they asked me where else to look for gites to stay while touring in France.
Has anyone suggestions for alternatives to Homeaway that (a) is in English and (b) accepts credit cards.
I could tell from the pause on the phone when I suggested just googling or facebooking "country cottages in Aquitaine" that that option just is not in their mindset. They want something easy.
Thanks for any suggestions. Sue
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

HolidayFranceDirect (Brittany ferries owned) is the majot one now for guests from UK. We are still with ChezNous who have generated several new bookings for us this year, but the Hoseasons group is up for sale & very few of us still advertise on the site - popular with long term Francophiles ie the over 55s....
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks Petitbois. That looks interesting. I'll let them know. As they are touring they may well have several occasions when they are looking for somewhere to stay.