Reccomended duvet sets

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
sas401

Reccomended duvet sets

Post by sas401 »

Looking to get some duvets sets replaced as the ones we have got have done good service and time for new. One set we have is a brilliant fabric that dries quickly and doesnt crease but not sure of the name of the fabric used.

I have looked at Out of eden and requested a catalogue and looking at Dunelm mill.
Seen some good sets in dunelm mill in current sale but brushed cotton so thinking not the best to opt for.

Any recommendations for hard wearing, quick drying (air drying over rayburn not tumble dryer) and easy care?
loveka

Post by loveka »

Out of Eden ticks all your boxes. Their polyp cotton looks and feels like 100% cotton.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Are the out of eden ones easy care Loveka? How easy are they to iron?
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Most polycotton is easy to iron (all my domestic and business bedding is polycotton) and I have used Out of Eden and not had a problem ironing it.
SW31

Post by SW31 »

Gillian F, is the poly cotton easy to clean if there are stains/marks?

I need some more duvet covers and I was looking at the out of Eden website earlier and didn’t know whether to buy the the polycotton or go for the heavier Egyptian cotton which they say is heavier to iron. The ironing bit was swaying me but I wondered how long the poly cotton would last when the website said it shouldn’t be commercially cleaned. I also wondered if it will be too hot with the 50% polyester content?
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I've used polycotton all my life domestically and commercially. I still have polycotton bedding (Dorma) from when my husband and I were single people and living at home. I know the single duvet sets I used for my son and daughter were mine. The bedding has to be 40 years old.

All my bedding will have been washed at 40 or 30 or 60 degrees. I will have soaked it, used Vanish and other stain removals.

A second home we look after has polycotton bedding and goes to a commercial laundry and I haven't noticed any adverse results. They occasionally have to use stain removal for blood, coffee etc.

I don't think you notice the 'poly' content in terms of it being hotter.

I've been very happy with the Out of Eden bedding but have also used Lilliput Textiles and been happy.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I'll just mentoned La Redoute.
I had to get emergency replacement duvet covers last summer and was looking for stylish colours/designs. Everywhere was dire except La Redoute. And they had a sale on. Got some lovely 100% cotton duvet sets for €17.99! Unbelievable price and super quality.

Mousie
x
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

Mouse wrote:I'll just mentoned La Redoute.
I had to get emergency replacement duvet covers last summer and was looking for stylish colours/designs. Everywhere was dire except La Redoute. And they had a sale on. Got some lovely 100% cotton duvet sets for €17.99! Unbelievable price and super quality.

Mousie
x
I wish Lay My Hat had a 'Like' button! LoL