Guardia Civil registering guests

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Ele wrote:This was advertised in the local paper - looks really good (if it works).. anyone using it?
https://www.checkinscan.com/en/
There is no proof that this app complies with the new privacy law, although some here have been using it.
If you are on site there is no advantage to using it.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Ele wrote:This was advertised in the local paper - looks really good (if it works).. anyone using it?
https://www.checkinscan.com/en/
Once this company have your phone number they are very persistent. They got my mobile number off an advert somewhere. I told them I was not interested but they kep trying and eventually I blocked their calls. For 10 days after I blocked them they called 3 or 4 times a day.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Ele

Post by Ele »

Once this company have your phone number they are very persistent. They got my mobile number off an advert somewhere. I told them I was not interested but they kep trying and eventually I blocked their calls. For 10 days after I blocked them they called 3 or 4 times a day.
Oh dear, will proceed with caution then, thanks for that!
If you are on site there is no advantage to using it.
We're in the UK so do need to find a simple solution.
CSE

Post by CSE »

You miss quoted me. I also said there is no proof that this app can comply with the latest Privacy laws.
A company that disrespects a persons privacy with "spam" phone calls is not a great sign is it?
Even the cookie policy is out of date :roll:
mousey

Post by mousey »

Good morning, I have just registered my guests arriving today online with GC website.

I have then printed the PDF the site generated which looks like it wants the signature of every guest! It states FIRMA DEL VIAJERO

Also on document it states HOJA REGISTRO PARTE NO____
The no is blank, do I fill this in or leave it?

Can anyone please tell me what ENVIAR FICHERO is? Its to upload a PDF file but I have no idea what file?

Thanks
CSE

Post by CSE »

HOJA REGISTRO PARTE NO____
That is your own reference number within your own system.
ENVIAR FICHERO
Is to send the guests details. You cannot upload any file.

Suggestion, maybe time to learn some Spanish?
Ben Smith Check in Scan

Post by Ben Smith Check in Scan »

Hey everyone,

A lot of discussion on here about the app, please refer to this post which I hope should give you more information about us.

viewtopic.php?p=360362#360362

Happy to answer questions,

Ben Smith
MD of Check-in Scan
www.checkinscan.com
Reiver

Post by Reiver »

I wonder if I might resurrect this thread to delve a little deeper into the issue, rather than starting a new one?

We're currently going through the registration processes as we rent out our villa (in Valenciana region) for part of the year. It took about 10 months to get the paperwork from the tourism people and the next step is to visit the Guardia Civil and get set up with them.

I have seen references here, however, which indicate that we will be required not just to supply passport details and so on to the GC - that should be doable - but also to get signatures from any guests who are 16 or older. This is really a non-starter for us. We live in Scotland and we never meet the guests in person. We have service agents who arrange laundry, cleaning so on, and there is a key safe for guests to let themselves into the property when they arrive.

This can't be an uncommon scenario, so I have to ask how others deal with this situation? As I understand it, we are supposed to keep copies of these documents for some years, but do we really think there is just the minutest chance that anyone will ever want to see them?

Any advice welcome - thanks!
Ben Smith Check in Scan

Reiver wrote:I wonder if I might resurrect this thread to delve a little deeper into the issue, rather than starting a new one?

We're currently going through the registration processes as we rent out our villa (in Valenciana region) for part of the year. It took about 10 months to get the paperwork from the tourism people and the next step is to visit the Guardia Civil and get set up with them.

I have seen references here, however, which indicate that we will be required not just to supply passport details and so on to the GC - that should be doable - but also to get signatures from any guests who are 16 or older. This is really a non-starter for us. We live in Scotland and we never meet the guests in person. We have service agents who arrange laundry, cleaning so on, and there is a key safe for guests to let themselves into the property when they arrive.

This can't be an uncommon scenario, so I have to ask how others deal with this situation? As I understand it, we are supposed to keep copies of these documents for some years, but do we really think there is just the minutest chance that anyone will ever want to see them?

Any advice welcome - thanks!
Hi there Reiver,

That is exactly correct.

Once you have your tourism registration you are then required to:
1) Collect ALL Guest ID´s
2) Fill out a Parte de Viajero form for each guest.
3) Obtain ALL guests signatures on the parte de viajeros
4) Log in to the Guardia Civil website and enter the guest details in, field by field. This has to be done within 24 hours.
5) Keep the parte de viajeros in a log book "Libro de Partes" for a duration of 3 years.

This is the law and inspections can and do happen. Fulfilling this obligation whilst being overseas is quite cumbersome for a lot of owners. But it´s the law...

I suggest you see our website www.checkinscan.com

Hope I helped.

Ben Smith
CEO Check-in Scan
Reiver

Post by Reiver »

Thanks for that, Ben, though I'd have to say that you seem to be confirming my fears. I looked at the link you posted and, while that might be a great solution in some circumstances, I really can't see how it could be of much help in ours. As you say, if the owner is overseas when guests arrive, it really does become a major problem and I'm afraid I still can't see a way around it.
Ben Smith Check in Scan

Reiver wrote:Thanks for that, Ben, though I'd have to say that you seem to be confirming my fears. I looked at the link you posted and, while that might be a great solution in some circumstances, I really can't see how it could be of much help in ours. As you say, if the owner is overseas when guests arrive, it really does become a major problem and I'm afraid I still can't see a way around it.
We have a way to help you via the use of a QR code.

Have a look at this video:
https://youtu.be/tMQM68yqybk

More info here:
http://help.checkinscan.com/help-centre ... -a-qr-code
Reiver

Post by Reiver »

OK that seems like it might be a partial solution.
I'll PM you with some further questions when I've had another look.
Thanks again.
CSE

Post by CSE »

The GC can ask to see the paper copies of your guests registration at any time. w have had a visit or two over the years.
Maybe when you visit the GC you can ask how they would approach this if you are not based in Spain. Ask if keeping personal data on your phone is in accordance with RGPD(GDPR)
I suggest this as any personal information must be stored in accordance with privacy regulations.
https://www.aepd.es/
Reiver

Post by Reiver »

Thanks for that, CSE. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, though, and while I'd like to think the picture is becoming clearer, I'd have to say that more and more problems seem to bubble to the surface.

If you're on site, or have an agent who can do the necessary, then it might be a bit of a chore, but at least it can be done. In our situation, that simply isn't the case. How we can obtain and securely file signed printed copies of forms such that the GC can inspect the information that they already have is a complete mystery.

I can't help thinking that there must be a digital solution. Ben mentioned what I think could be a partial answer, but it doesn't seem to be the whole enchillada.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

We are onsite owners and leave one A4 "Form" for all the guests in a booking to complete with their passport details and signatures. We designed the form ourselves and the local GC said they were happy with it - rather than one A4 form per guest. Our Form has a table with a row for each guest a column for each piece of info.

We ask our guests to complete it and we collect it the following morning then input the details into the online system.

As you are offsite, do you think it might be possible to leave the Form for your guests. Ask them to complete it and then email you a photo of it (most guests would presumably have a smart phone), leaving the original copy to be collected by the change-over staff at the end of their stay (and posting to you perhaps?) and allowing you to input the details into the GC system from the UK? You have 24 hours to put the details into the system after arrival so this system should give you enough time.