Booking.com phishing scam??

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ecosse

Booking.com phishing scam??

Post by Ecosse »

Received this today... I can't see anything on it that is obviously dodgy (email was just noreply@booking.com) by BC have never sent anything like this before and there's nothing on my dashboard. Anyone else received this? I'm thinking phishing scam and if I click on the link it'll take me to a dodgy login page. What do people think?

Dear partner,
In compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country, we are obliged to confirm your personal and business identity. This information is needed in order to avoid any service interruptions.
This should only take a few moments of your time. However, filling out this form is necessary in order to continue performing your regular operations.
(followed by a Verify Account button)
CSE

Post by CSE »

We have too, which was odd as the website done something about the privacy law a few months before it became legal.
The English is rather off beat too!
Hover over the button and you can see where the link goes.
If any doubt phone the office.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

I received, too, and clicking on the "verify" I was directed onto my (genuine) Booking.com admin page. Apparently no scam.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

It is genuine - amazingly.

I asked them via my extranet if it was genuine and they confirmed it was. It's a disgraceful way to communicate though and makes future phishing scams harder to spot.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Thanks for your replies,everyone - I am absolutely gobsmacked (and disappointed) that BC would communicate in this way given the number of phishing attempts that look so similar!
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Ecosse wrote:Thanks for your replies,everyone - I am absolutely gobsmacked (and disappointed) that BC would communicate in this way given the number of phishing attempts that look so similar!
Tell them - they got a fairly scathing response from me. If we all do it then they may take the point. It should have been sent via the extranet. Not exactly rocket science is it!