Suspicious reservations via Booking.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
TTP Mk3

Suspicious reservations via Booking.com

Post by TTP Mk3 »

We have been using Booking.com for our B&B quite successfully for a number of years without any real problems but this year we have had a large number of 'suspicious' reservations.

These are all for long stays <7 nights and are (supposedly) from places such as Russia, Senegal, UAE, Pakistan, Morocco etc. and are blocking availability for genuine guests.

Booking.com's email (so called) customer support are of no help and the phone number they have given me is permanently engaged.

Is anyone else seeing these type of reservations?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Welcome to the Forum.
Each country has it's own office to caver Owners enquiries. So Ours will be different to yours.
But we do get an opportunity to speak in English, rather than Spanish if all the lines are occupied. It is never ever engaged. Thought it would be the same Europe wide.
So my advice is to check the phone number you are using. We have never tried contacting Booking via email.
Looking at your listing the biggest problem for you is "This property only accepts cash payments."
If you took a deposit then you would get less (or even no) false reservations.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
TTP Mk3

Post by TTP Mk3 »

Thanks for your reply.

Actually it's 'welcome back' to the forum, I was on here a few years ago but forgot my password and have changed my email address.

I have been given the European head office number in Holland.

I agree about taking a deposit but have it found it very difficult to get a Cardholder Not Present merchant account.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

TTP Mk3 wrote:
I agree about taking a deposit but have it found it very difficult to get a Cardholder Not Present merchant account.
have you considered using a channel and payment manager? I use Avaibook and once I get a confirmed reservation through Booking dot com they automatically charge the guests credit card for whatever deposit I have set. They take a 2% commission on each transaction.
TTP Mk3

Post by TTP Mk3 »

Giuliano wrote:
have you considered using a channel and payment manager? I use Avaibook and once I get a confirmed reservation through Booking dot com they automatically charge the guests credit card for whatever deposit I have set. They take a 2% commission on each transaction.
Thanks, I hadn't heard of them.

I finally spoke to Booking dot com and have changed my terms.

They said they have seen this before and it's a scam to show they have hotels to be able to obtain a visa.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Banks are funny things. They want us to use CC but at the same time make it hard for traders to obtain one.
We first off had a CC machine then went to an account which allows for payments without card holder present.
That way we are in control of our own money and can take reservations from any source we want.

No need for expensive phone calls
I
f you have an urgent question, you can call the dedicated phone number* found on your Extranet Inbox tab. Follow the voice prompts to get in touch with the right department.
https://partnerhelp.booking.com/hc/en-u ... oking-com-
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.