I thought this would amuse...

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
wozzaturner

I thought this would amuse...

Post by wozzaturner »

Whilst on holiday I received what was obviously a scam email enquiry for our cottage. With time on my hands what else was I to do but to engage in a bit of fun. Here are the exchanges - they show how these scammers develop their responses to elicit more and more information and to obtain bank details - hope they amuse...

1. Email from Jorge to Moreton Cottage

I am looking for accommodation to rent Starting from 19 October this year to the checking out Date of 23 November 2018 Guest: 2 adult I will be looking forward to hear from you soon with the cost and if its not available for that date,let me know the available date you have for 28 days. Thanks Jorge

2. Initial response - Moreton Cottage to Jorge

Dear Jorge

Many thanks for your enquiry. Our cottage is available for the date you require - which is unusual as it is almost always never available.

The price for your dates will be £1,000,000.

Please do let me know urgently if you wish to reserve these dates and I will book them for you.

Best wishes

Donkey Pyjamas

3. Email from Jorge to Moreton Cottage

What is the price per night ?

4. Email from Moreton Cottage to Jorge

Hello

The per night price will be £28,571 for the dates you have requested. For that price we do include a welcome pack and toilet paper.

Please let me know soon if you wish to reserve the dates as at these prices our cottage availability is going fast!

Best regards

Donkey Pyjamas

5. Email from Jorge to Moreton Cottage

Thank you can you give me more details of this cottage and is this for a group or personal ?
Thanks

6. Email from Moreton Cottage to Jorge

Hello Jorge

The cottage is for 4 guests and the price includes all guests. The cottage is 950 years old and is located in the centre of Moreton in Marsh. It is of amazing historic interest and is said to have been the place where William the Conqueror rested for a while with his wife Maureen after the conquests.

The cottage has two bedrooms. One is a large king size room and the other a smaller twin bed room. All linen is included. We also include wardrobes for you to store your clothes and there is an indoor toilet.

I do hope to be welcoming you and Mrs Jorge soon.

All best

Donkey Pyjamas

7. Email from Jorge to Moreton Cottage

Hello ,
Thanks for the reply,we are happy to make use of your place and i
want you to keep this accommodation for the following date:

Our Arrival Date: 19 October 2018
Our Departure Date: 20 October 2018
Guest: 2 adult
Amount: £ 28571

I will handle the payment on time to reserve the accommodation,i will be making the payment by Bank Check as soon as i have confirm the price with the availability date,arrival date with departure date.

I will need the following information from you for the payment to be send
out to you by post mail on time.

Full Name on the Bank Check:
Full address:
City:
Zip code
province:
Telephone Number :

Looking forward to your response.
Thanks

8. Email from Moreton Cottage to Jorge

Dear Jorge

Thank you for your reply. Sadly the price you state is incorrect as our price per night is £28,571. The full inclusive price for your dates is - as previously stated- £1,000,000. I’m sure you will agree that this is great value for such an historic property, particularly given that it does include free cling film and a free basket of logs for the wood burner. I’m sure you and Mrs Jorge will also be pleased to avail yourself of the included built in kitchen and brass stair rods.

I’m sorry if you misunderstood our pricing. This is the first time anyone has mistaken our price. Even Princess Harold of Denmark recently commented on the transparency of our pricing structure ahead of her stay with her husband Maeve.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can help in any other way. Of course, if you agree that our pricing is satisfactory I would be happy to proceed with your booking as described.

All best as ever

Donkey Pyjamas.

9. Email from Jorge to Moreton Cottage

hank you my wife and i have agree with the price but we will like to book for 5days as our schedule has change and we can later entend our staying,i will need your full name with address

Our Arrival Date: 19 October 2018
Our Departure Date: 24 November 2018
Guest: 2 adult
Amount: £ 141355

I will need the following information from you for the payment to be send
out to you by post mail on time.

Full Name on the Bank Check:
Full address:
City:
Zip code
province:
Telephone Number :

Looking forward to your response.
Thanks

10. Email from Moreton Cottage to Jorge

Dear Jorge

Thank you for your confirmation of dates and prices. I am so pleased that you and Mrs Jorge will be staying at our lovely old cottage in Moreton in Marsh and that you will benefit from the town’s famous ornate pavements and feature lamp posts. A rare treat indeed!

Sadly we don’t accept cheque payments for our cottage. We only accept payment via credit card. I hope this is ok with you. My bank manager is allergic to cheques and comes out in a salmon pink blistery rash every time he has to handle a cheque. For his sake we now only accept credit card payments as he is quite comfortable handling a terminal. I’m sure you will understand.

Please confirm that this is OK and I will send a link to our online payment fairies.

Kind regards

Donkey Pyjamas

11. Email from Jorge to Moreton Cottage

Hello Donkey,
Good morning and thank you for the reply,like i have said in my previous email we can only pay by bank cheque .
Thanks

12. Email from Moreton Cottage to Jorge

Dear Jorge

Well I am disappointed! Mrs Pyjamas has been baking her special cake for your arrival. She does a splendid prawn and cherry cake with her special turkey jam. I'll ask her not to make this then as it does seem we are not able to proceed, and the cake quickly goes stale when left in the cottage alone.

I hope you and Mrs Jorge are able to find somewhere more appropriate for your stay - a prison cell maybe?

Good luck with your overpayment scam, I hope you get caught soon.

As ever your obedient servant

Donkey Pyjamas.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Very good!
Bree

Post by Bree »

:lol: Thank you for sharing, I am still laughing :lol:
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Lovet it!

Mousie
x
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Brilliant! Well done, good to have a laugh at the expense of would-be scammers. 😀
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

The best things in life are free
Annew

Post by Annew »

Excellent! :lol:
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!