where do the french people go looking for accomodation in th

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
lolita

where do the french people go looking for accomodation in th

Post by lolita »

where do the french people go looking for accomodation in the med, I mean which listing site? The reason I am asking is, that ever since Homelidays have become Homeaway, I have lost all the bookings that came from all over France. I find this very odd.
I would very much like to hear from members here who are themselves from France. Is there a French site apart from Abritel that French people search for their accomodation in the Med.
My property is on the island of Malta.

Any feedback is much appreciated
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've had French bookings recently from booking.com and also France-Voyage, but that is just for French properties.
lolita

French listing sites

Post by lolita »

Thank you hells bells, I do not fancy going on booking.com. I am presently looking at diferent sites based in France but so far have been unlucky in that most sites are either only for France or else do Europe but not Malta!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

TBH, i'm finding Booking.com a lot more professional than any of the other sites at the moment. They respond to problems quickly if there are any. You just have to watch you follow the rules, and set your prices and minimum stays correctly from the start. Finding them best for out of season bookings. A great way of getting repeat guests too, who so far have booked directly with me for their next visit.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If you want to try it out, you can use this link for up to 5 commission free bookings https://join.booking.com/r/dcb9b043 .
lolita

French tourists

Post by lolita »

Hi thanks a lot for your help very much appreciated. Wish you lots more bookings.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

And you too.
Brockles

Post by Brockles »

Hello Hells Bells

I am considering Booking.com. Setting up has been relatively easy. However I have not been able to show 'changeover day' (ie Saturdays for peak season bookings. I have managed to set the calendar so it will only except bookings for minimum of 7 nights on Saturdays - but then it shows all other days of the week as 'booked', when in fact they are not.

Have you got over this problem somehow?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Brockles wrote:Hello Hells Bells

I am considering Booking.com. Setting up has been relatively easy. However I have not been able to show 'changeover day' (ie Saturdays for peak season bookings. I have managed to set the calendar so it will only except bookings for minimum of 7 nights on Saturdays - but then it shows all other days of the week as 'booked', when in fact they are not.

Have you got over this problem somehow?
When you have a problem like this talk to the agents at Booking's office.
As said above they are helpful. Contact is always over the phone.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I only release dates as late availability a few weeks before so don't use it for my peak weekend changeover bookings. There is an option to use a calendar which allows you to refuse arrivals and departures on particular days, so I think you can use that option to sort that out.
Brockles

Post by Brockles »

Once again, Helen, you have the answers. Thank you. I have read many blogs on the subject - some that have been pulling their hair out over instant bookings for arrival on a Thursday, departing 10 days later on a Sunday - in the middle of August! The owners' planned Saturday to Saturday fixed weeks have been turned into chaos for the month. According to another blog, the 'no arrival' and 'no departure' options are not standard, and you have to ask BC for this. She sent them a simple message and the option appeared within 2 days. I have just sent BC a message to add this facility - which as you say should sort it. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.