Loud festival music

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
hydroland2

Loud festival music

Post by hydroland2 »

Discovered that this weekend there is a very loud festival happening across the valley from us. Live music from 4pm until 4am Fri, Sat and Sun! At the moment it's actually vibrating my monitor. There's no one in the holiday let (next door) tonight, but there are 4 guests coming tomorrow for the week. I've checked and in one bedroom it's really loud - the other is at the back of the house and it's not too bad there. Not sure what I can do about this as I can't imagine the guests will be too happy. This is normally a very quiet area, so I guess that was probably what they were expecting. I suppose I just have to warn them when they arrive and hope they're not too annoyed....
Anyone have any experience with something like this and advice for the best way to explain to the guests?
I can't believe they've got permission to go on at this volume to 4am. It's crazy. :shock:
Fleur

Festival noise

Post by Fleur »

You have my sympathy.
Fortunately you have no guests tonight.
For tomorrow's guests thankfully they'll only suffer for one night . I would mention it when they arrive.
Could they sleep in Just the quieter room for one night?
Perhaps being Sunday the festivities might not carry on so late, festival goers surely have to get up for work, don't they?

On Monday I would visit
your guests bearing gift(s) and sympathy.
Fleur
Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere »

Not a huge amount you can do now other than warn them and reassure it’s only one night.

You might want to keep an eye to see if the Festival is to be repeated next year. You can warn people before they book or even turn it to your advantage by upping prices and making it available to festival attendees / workers who don’t want to camp.
hydroland2

Post by hydroland2 »

Unfortunately it's actually two more nights! And it runs til 4am for each night.
There's 4 guests staying so they'll have to use both rooms - and last night it was definitely too loud to sleep in one of them.
They do have occasional festivals (it's a stately home and they have events in the park), but never anything that's gone on beyond about 1am before. I can't understand how they've been allowed to run to 4am for three nights. We're four miles away and it sounded like a loud car stereo booming right outside the windows. You could easily hear it over the TV all evening and it didn't get any quieter.
I'm in despair over this, but thanks for the sympathy anyway.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Good grief that's just awful to deal with. Can you complain to the local police?

Its tricky and I can only suggest that honesty is the best policy. It really isn't your fault and I sincerely hope the guests realise that. But it doesn't help you feel less stressed. Just try and put across how mortified you are.

We once booked an apartment in Palma and on our 2nd day a stage was being erected in the square which we were close to....oh my, the noise! The local football team had gone up a league so it was a weekend of celebrations, until 5am. However we never blamed the owner. ..it was nothing to do with them, just bad luck.

Mousie
x
Drax

Post by Drax »

There is probably nothing you can do now but you should complain to your local council with regard to the excessive noise and the festival being allowed to run to such an unearthly hour.
State to the council officer that the noise adversely affects your business.
Also there must be neighbours who will be affected by this noisy festival, try and canvas their support and get them to complain to the council.
Hopefully if enough people complain this type of festival will not be allowed in future.
Keep your powder dry.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

That seems very excessive - Too late now but try to get it changed for next year, there must be locals who object too - I certainly would. Very anti-social. As for this year you can only apologise but I must admit if I were the guests faced with several noisy, sleepless nights I might opt to go home, sorry :roll: