airbnb locations

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Nigel Goodwin

airbnb locations

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I have three properties in Newquay which I advertise on airbnb.

Two are on the Pentire peninsula, which is still in Newquay.

It seems that if a search is done on Newquay, my Pentire properties do not appear, but if the map is moved a fraction, they appear.

Has anybody else had problems with airbnb locations?

Also, if I click on

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Newquay--Eng ... cff8d5486f

none of my properties appear, but if I select a date (e.g. 7-14 July), one of my properties appear. After moving the map, all three appear.

I'm not impressed. Out of 3 properties I have only one week booked in July. Maybe this explains it. I have a support ticket open with airbnb.
sparkJS

Post by sparkJS »

I've noticed exactly that in the West Pentire area. I know someone with a holiday let there. When I tried to search for it, it didn't appear. I moved the map slightly and it did appear again. Initially I assumed it had been removed.

I've not noticed it happening for my area (Porth) so wonder whether it is just an issue with Pentire.
MG
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

sparkJS wrote:I've noticed exactly that in the West Pentire area. I know someone with a holiday let there. When I tried to search for it, it didn't appear. I moved the map slightly and it did appear again. Initially I assumed it had been removed.

I've not noticed it happening for my area (Porth) so wonder whether it is just an issue with Pentire.
Thanks, i thought it was just me.

It is of course very serious, as I only advertise on airbnb and my properties are not appearing. I am more or less empty all July. :roll:
CSE

Post by CSE »

Competition does looks over populated in the area and that is only using AirBnB. :(

I can see more than just two on the peninsular.
https://screenshots.firefox.com/PxisFaZ ... rbnb.co.uk
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Well I’m sure that’s cheered Nigel up no end! :D :D
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

zebedee wrote:Well I’m sure that’s cheered Nigel up no end! :D :D
It's OK, Newquay is also very popular, wish I was there now getting some slightly cooling sea breeze!
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:
It is of course very serious, as I only advertise on airbnb and my properties are not appearing. I am more or less empty all July. :roll:
Why dont you advertise on your own portal (Owner Holidays) or does that not "cut the mustard"; I have been advertising on your portal for over a year now and not a flicker of interest. :roll:
What would Plato do ?
CSE

Post by CSE »

zebedee wrote:Well I’m sure that’s cheered Nigel up no end! :D :D

Sorry but these are facts. A simple supply and (less) demand.
I would look at T&Cs, prices and facilities of competition. Plus the dates competitors have reservations for.
All of this gives a clearer picture of what is happening to rentals in the area.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.