B.com change T&C

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Frenchlady

B.com change T&C

Post by Frenchlady »

Recently I was going to advertise on B.com until I saw their T&C which stated I could not advertise anywhere else on-line cheaper as they had a price match policy (I mentioned this in another topic). I took us off the site immediately and challenged this as I had read that France had taken them to court in 2015 over just this matter and therefore they were breaking the law. This morning I had a call from B.com asking why I had asked to be removed and would I reconsider. I explained again the above and said it should not have been in their T&C and until this was removed I was not prepared to advertise with them. Got a call back and was told that their T&C's had amazingly been changed and you can now advertise wherever at whatever price you want and if someone finds you cheaper they will pay the difference and not come back at you for doing this. He even said "it is your property and your choice" I assume they have been trying it on and did not expect to get challenged. So good news.

However, I have a question hopefully someone can answer. Have just gone on to re-register and they are asking for my bank details for Direct Debit so that they can take the commission. I am sure I signed up for them to take the payment from the guests (we do not have credit card facilities). I thought that they paid the money into your bank, less the commission. I certainly do not want to give them carte blanche to take money from our account, especially if there is a problem with a booking.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

They only invoice for commission in the month after the booking, so there is plenty of time to sort out any problems you may have. I've found them very helpful and professional. If you sign up for them to take payment, they usually deduct the commission before they pay you though.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

I set up B.com for guests to pay cash on arrival and B.com then sends me an invoice for the commission at the end of the month, ample time to sort out a no show or other problem. I used to pay commission by bank transfer but as this meant paying a small bank charge, I have opted for B.com to take the commission by direct debit which seems to work fine.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Thanks for your help. B.com have now set up for guests to pay them and then they pay into our bank, less commission, which is exactly what I wanted. Not having credit cards and taking cash payment may have increased risk of no shows. This way B.com will ensure they get paid. Have been impressed with the customer service so far. Shame they had not been honest in their T&C but at least now they have admitted they were wrong (in France anyway) and we can charge whatever rate we want anywhere else.
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Probably a silly question but what site are you referring to (b.com)???
Kate
USA
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

KAB-USA wrote:Probably a silly question but what site are you referring to (b.com)???
Booking dot com
Honi soit qui peu y boit
CSE

Post by CSE »

I set up B.com for guests to pay cash on arrival
Have you not found that a lot of reservation never bother to turn up?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

casasantoestevo wrote:
I set up B.com for guests to pay cash on arrival
Have you not found that a lot of reservation never bother to turn up?
Not so far
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've had one set of guests who didn't turn up, but told me in advance that one of them was ill. They'd paid in advance, and didn't ask for a refund, they didn't get one as I couldn't rebook anything at one days notice.

They did book again and didn't ask for any discounts or favours.