Taxe de Sejour from 2019 - surely not €300+?

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I think I sent you a PM yesterday but am not sure!

The authority who administer/collect our tds etc. is 24160 Excideuil.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Yes, got it. Will get back to you.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

https://atd24.geomatika.fr/releves/agrn ... ORFAIT.pdf

https://atd24.geomatika.fr/releves/agrn ... S_2019.pdf

https://atd24.geomatika.fr/releves/agrn ... d_2018.pdf

Sorry for not replying sooner, but been in manic silly season August at the B&B. The links above are all what our commune have sent but they are pdf's so not sure if you can read them.
Computers are not my thing. Our tax sejour was changed 2 years ago and we are on the forfait system where they take the total number of guests we sleep (4) and assume we are booked fully for July and August (60 days). They deduct an allowance of 20%. Finding this all very confusing and stressful, along with the fight we are having with Airbnb who our commune say should not be taking the tax. Have decided whether I have understood right or wrong I will not be putting the tax on our room rate as this will mean me paying more commission. I understood that in 2019 they will ask our room rate to work out the tax due. This is not easy as we have different prices on the OTA's just to cover the commission so I will just have to give them our normal room rate on our website. Just fed up with the whole ruddy mess and want to retire!!!
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Just received this email from the UNPI which we are a member of:

Chers adhérents,

Nous vous avions déjà annoncé lors de notre dernière lettre d'information la réforme portant sur les meublés de tourisme.
La loi de finances rectificative pour 2017 apporte des modifications sur les grilles tarifaires et sur le mode d'application de la taxe de séjour.
Les deux tranches tarifaires relatives aux hébergements sans classement ou en attente de classement disparaissent du barème légal.
La loi de finances rectificative introduit l'application d'un pourcentage sur le prix HT de la nuit par personne pour ces hébergements sans classement.
La fixation du taux est de 5% (sur le loyer et par personne occupant le logement).

Exemple ci-dessous:

Un bailleur loue son logement pour 6 personnes 150€/nuit.
Au 1er janvier 2019 sans classement: Il devra payer 5% de 150€ par personne soit un total pour 6 personnes par nuit de 45€. (150€ x 5%=7.50€ x 6 personnes=45).

Au 1er janvier 2019 avec classement 1 étoile : Il devra payer 0.80€ par personne soit un total pour 6 personnes par nuit 4.80€ (0.80€ x 6 personnes=4.80€).

N'hésitez pas à nous contacter pour de plus amples informations ou tout simplement prendre rendez-vous pour le classement de votre logement.
Pour rappel, le tarif est de 150€ valable 5 ans.

Vous en souhaitant bonne réception,
Bien cordialement,

GT

Dear members,

We had already announced in our last newsletter the reform on furnished tourism.
The amended Finance Act for 2017 introduces changes to the fee schedules and the application of the tourist tax.
The two tariff brackets relating to unclassified accommodation or awaiting classification disappear from the legal scale.
The rectifying finance law introduces the application of a percentage on the overnight price per person for these unclassified accommodations.
The rate is fixed at 5% (on the rent and per person occupying the accommodation).

Example below:

A landlord rents his accommodation for 6 people 150 € / night.
As of January 1, 2019 without classification: It will have to pay 5% of 150 € per person or a total for 6 people per night of 45 €. (150 € x 5% = 7.50 € x 6 people = 45).

On 1 January 2019 with 1-star rating: It will have to pay 0.80 € per person ie a total for 6 people per night 4.80 € (0.80 € x 6 people = 4.80 €).

Do not hesitate to contact us for more information or simply make an appointment for the classification of your accommodation.
As a reminder, the price is 150 € valid for 5 years.

Wishing you good reception,
Best regards,
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Surely that must be a scam, whilst I appreciate there may be a difference between classified and non-classified properties that amount of difference is obscene, have you heard from your local tourist information office what the tax de sejour will be for next year?
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Dusty wrote:Surely that must be a scam, whilst I appreciate there may be a difference between classified and non-classified properties that amount of difference is obscene, have you heard from your local tourist information office what the tax de sejour will be for next year?
We are classified so in a way it doesnt affect us, in fact the UNPI did our classification. These new rule/laws always seem to have different interpretation, and im only passing on what they have sent us. They have help us out in the past on quite a few issues that is why we pay for membership. One thing is for sure is we are paying more & more each year on extra/higher taxes & bin collections......... our have double in the past 10 years. :roll:
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

We have received notice of the charges for 2019, unfortunately it is in PDF so cannot include it on here. We are on forfait system (which is totally unfair but that is another argument I am having). The list shows classified properties from 5 star to 1 star then against the 1 star there is a comma and it says chambre d'hote 44 c per person, per night. Underneath it states for non-classified you have to charge 3% per person, per night (far too much). It is not clear therefore aswe are a chambre d'hote, unclassified what we will be charging. I have enquiried about getting our B&B classified and have been told there is no star rating classification for chambre d'hotes!! So not going to pay 150 euros (+ 50 euros per year) which just seems to cover advertising on the Perigord website. I am therefore assuming as we cannot get a star that we will be charging the 44c. Clear as mud.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Bassman wrote:Just received this email from the UNPI which we are a member of:

La fixation du taux est de 5% (sur le loyer et par personne occupant le logement).

Exemple ci-dessous:

Un bailleur loue son logement pour 6 personnes 150€/nuit.
Au 1er janvier 2019 sans classement: Il devra payer 5% de 150€ par personne soit un total pour 6 personnes par nuit de 45€. (150€ x 5%=7.50€ x 6 personnes=45).

The rate is fixed at 5% (on the rent and per person occupying the accommodation).

Example below:

A landlord rents his accommodation for 6 people 150 € / night.
As of January 1, 2019 without classification: It will have to pay 5% of 150 € per person or a total for 6 people per night of 45 €. (150 € x 5% = 7.50 € x 6 people = 45).
Surely the 5% is for the rental for the 6 people - therefore the total TdS is 7.50 and not 7.50 per person. This is what we read - somewhere!!

is (150 / 6 ) * 5% * 6 (if they are all adults)

If 2 children in the party then

(150 / 6 ) * 5% * 4 (for the 4 adults)

There is a maximum that they can charge which is based on one of the star rating - sorry not a great help

I can try and find the original document I read if it will help?

Our OdT are useless and so we do our own investigation for this type of thing as we cannot wait for them to tell us. eg they only told us that they had reduced the tariff for this year (2018) last month!!!
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Bassman wrote:
Dusty wrote: One thing is for sure is we are paying more & more each year on extra/higher taxes & bin collections......... our have double in the past 10 years. :roll:
Yes they tried to increase our bin collection "tax" a couple of years ago. We made such a stink with them - a private company - that they backed down and we came up with a compromise. We agreed to have a smaller bin.

The collection charge is based on 52 weeks of collections twice a week for the volume of bin. With the smaller bin this total was less than the amount of the tax already collected via our Taxe Fonciere - coincidentally!!

Sorry for the thread creep but worth mentioning?
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

We're in the Dordogne and just got our notification of next years TdS from our tourist office. As we're non-classified we are going to have to pay 3% of the daily rate or 0.77 € whichever is the least. In the example given they divide the daily rate by the theoretical total number of people and multiply that by 3%. If the result is larger than 0.77€ you charge 0.77€ per person eligible person. The example they give is 800€ per week for a 4 person gite with 2 adults and 2 children (non-eligible) staying. Therefore:

800€ / 4 people / 7 nights = 28.57€
28.75€ * 3% = 0.85€ i.e. > 0.77€

TdS charged is therefore 0.77€ * 2 adults * 7 nights = 10.78€

More than we used to pay but a whole lot less than other on here seem to be looking to pay.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Dusty, we are in the Dordogne and we have a chambre d'hote. On our list under forfait it says "meubles de tourisme 1*, chambres d'hotes" Total 0.44€. As a chambre d'hote cannot have any * rating I am assuming that because it says comma chambre d'hote we will be charging 0.44 per person per night (last 2 years has been 0.55 so that is odd). Anyway does your notice say the same? Dare not ask the commune at the moment because I am having a real fight with them/Airbnb who have taken the wrong tax all Summer and I am also fighting the forfait system which is totally unfair (another battle I could do without and have no chance of winning but hey-ho the French like doing battles)!!
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Just had ours through for 2019 we are outside La Rochelle (pay D'Aunis)so presumably have a lower rate.

3.5% du cout de la nuitee HT par personne Tax additionnelle departmentale incluse dans la limite 2.20€ par nuite par personnes.
No classification: 3.5% of rental per person capped at 2.20€ per person.
5* 1.40€/person/ night
4* 1.10€
3* 0.90€
2* 0.80€
1* 0.70€
Our classification comes up again in a year or so will probably drop our ratings from 4* to 1* as i cant say it has been an advantage. I think guest are more interested in what facilities we have than our star rating.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Frenchlady in our leaflet chambres d'hôtes is classified along with 1* accommodation with a nightly charge is 0.55€. It also says: "Tout hébergement sans classement .......à l'exception des hébergements de plein air et chambres d'hôtes" are liable for the 3% / 0.77€ rate.

I am happy to scan the document and send it to you if you think it would be worthwhile
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Bassman wrote:Our classification comes up again in a year or so will probably drop our ratings from 4* to 1* as i cant say it has been an advantage. I think guest are more interested in what facilities we have than our star rating.
As a matter of interest Bassman, does the amount you pay to be classified change if you drop from a 4* to 1*?
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Dusty wrote:
Bassman wrote:Our classification comes up again in a year or so will probably drop our ratings from 4* to 1* as i cant say it has been an advantage. I think guest are more interested in what facilities we have than our star rating.
As a matter of interest Bassman, does the amount you pay to be classified change if you drop from a 4* to 1*?
It is the same Dusty i can remember how much but if we pay 70cts instead of 1.10€ we would save around 3-400€ a year.
I forgot to mention the TS for Chambres d'hote is 70cts per nuitee in my area.