Airbnb and my T&C's

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
annafern

Airbnb and my T&C's

Post by annafern »

Hi all

I have been holiday letting for over 17 years and from day 1 always had my own T&C's which over the years of different and challenging experiences I have had to expand on.

As we all know the way in which we get our bookings these days, has changed and with the likes of Airbnb and Holiday Letting/Trip Advisor we now find we have to use these sources to get bookings.

My policy is when a booking has been paid and confirmed via these two sources I send an email of confirmation and a copy of my T&C's, which has been accepted by the guests.

Well today I have had the first guest who booked via Airbnb complain that he shouldn't have to abide by my T&C's as he booked through Airbnb.

Holiday Lettings/Trip Advisor allow you to insert a copy of your T&C's but as far as I can see Airbnb don't which potentially could cause a whole pile of issues.

Any thoughts folks ?

Anna :?
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Well today I have had the first guest who booked via Airbnb complain that he shouldn't have to abide by my T&C's as he booked through Airbnb.
They are correct. The T&Cs are as written in the contract that you and the guests agree to.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
loveka

Post by loveka »

You can add what is in your terms and conditions to the House Rules section.

A house near us has about 50 house rules listed. We have extra ones too, e.g. we say we may terminate the booking if a dog is left unattended.

If it's payment terms you are talking about then you have to abide by the Air B and B ones.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Ditto Loveka, I just pile my T&Cs into the house rules. No one has complained so far. Most of the rules coincide with ABBs and some are are extra that we have added over the years. You will have to watch that you do not have conflicting rules though.