My first complaint!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

amandajane wrote:Try to put it behind you , write a carefully worded response to her review and hopefully move on.
Very good advice, but let me add:

Remember that a reply to a review is written for the benefit of future guests to read. Don't get into argumentative mode with a past guest who will never spend money with you again.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
sparkJS

Post by sparkJS »

All great advice above.

It's horrible to get a situation like this and I had a similar instance where they suggested they would take legal action if I did not give them all their money back and travel expenses (on their initial complaint).

Similarly to you. If it went to court, they don't seem to have any recourse as they did not make you aware and allow you to put things right.

Don't write anything to them or publicly without taking a couple of hours and reduce the 'emotion'.

They won't come back so don't worry about them anymore.
MG
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

sparkJS wrote:All great advice above.

It's horrible to get a situation like this and I had a similar instance where they suggested they would take legal action if I did not give them all their money back and travel expenses (on their initial complaint).

Similarly to you. If it went to court, they don't seem to have any recourse as they did not make you aware and allow you to put things right.

Don't write anything to them or publicly without taking a couple of hours and reduce the 'emotion'.

They won't come back so don't worry about them anymore.
"Taking legal action" is very often an idle threat used by many people in order to cause alarm, in the hope of getting their way. However, if that threat should turn out to be real, the less you have said or written the better and ideally nothing at all.
sparkJS

Post by sparkJS »

Yes, I agree. In my instance, the fact that they immediately suggested legal action made me decide that I would not give them any goodwill gesture. I knew that they have breached the T's&C's so I felt comfortable.
MG