Benidorm?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
CSE

Benidorm?

Post by CSE »

Well what would you know?
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-w ... d-13076506
Never come to Spain it is full of foreigners. :shock:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Poor, but usual, journalism using the 'it was full of Spanish' as click bait. Her complaint was about the unsuitability of the hotel given her mobility issues. Why this has made the national news is beyond me. The British press really is garbage.

The Mirror and Daily Heil must be laughing their heads off as hundreds of thousands click through, it is being shared all over social media.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"But remarkably, Freda is not the first British guest to have complained about native Spaniards at the hotel - with one claiming 'they invaded' the venue."

Too many Spaniards in Spain! That's really shocking!!

Reminds me of the complaint once received by Thomson Holidays:-
"There was too much sand on the beach."
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

There are more Spanish visitors to Benidorm than Brits.....it is really popular with them. Most from around Madrid. I worked for an online accommodation site that included Benidorm along with Ibiza, Mallorca and Alicante. Dealing with Spanish, German and British clients.

We often had complaints like this from bookers and in the end did what TUI did for this one.....we put a note on the relevant hotels that they were 'very popular with Spanish holidaymakers'.

Now ask me about 'sausage gate' :lol: :lol: That was a complaint I chuckled ovr for weeks.

Mousie
x
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Mouse wrote:

Now ask me about 'sausage gate' :lol: :lol: That was a complaint I chuckled ovr for weeks.

Mousie
x
The mind boggles... tell us more!
CSE

Post by CSE »

If you also read the reviews of the hotel on TA it has a mixed clientèle, with reviews in many languages. So the poor old thing never checked anything, then complained.
#gueststhateverfactfind. :lol:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Ecosse wrote:
Mouse wrote:

Mousie
x
The mind boggles... tell us more!
It was a passionate complaint from someone British who booked to stay in a holiday complex that was, in the main, booked by German holidaymakers (it's usp was the wealth of sports offered). Their complaint was regarding the German sausages on offer for his breakfast....not British ones. :lol:

Our German writer said that she didn't take offence because if it had been the other way around then we would have had complaints from the German holidaymakers about British sausages :lol:

We debated long and hard about making a note on the hotel Web page about the nationality of the sausages :lol: :lol:

Mousie
x