amazon fire stick

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
ClareW

amazon fire stick

Post by ClareW »

Has anybody supplied an amazon fire stick so that guests can access their own netflix account? It seemed like a good solution to me for the current guests who would like to access their netflix so I have offered to buy one tomorrow as I thought it could be a good thing to have at the cottage. Am now hoping that it ok for people to sign in and out of different accounts as it has to be registered to my own amazon account....
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

If you supply a smart TV or DVD player, they can access their Netflix accounts and other services.

That’s what we have and it works very well. You don’t register anything to your Amazon account as the owner, so not your accounts being used.

You can get a smart DVD player for about £50
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I don't wish to sound cynical, but are you going to glue it to your TV? I have known guests to nick the batteries from a remote and to substitute particularly desirable small electricals with inferior copies. I wouldn't expect a Firestick to hang around for long.
The smart tv or dvd player seems a much better option.
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I have also considered this but it concerns me that if guests don’t log out of their account the next guest could end up using it. You would need to make sure previous accounts are deleted on every changeover.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

I have also considered this but it concerns me that if guests don’t log out of their account the next guest could end up using it. You would need to make sure previous accounts are deleted on every changeover.
I have a smart DVD player that has netflix connectivity on it and i've pondered over this one too. I decided that if guests enter there details they are responsible for making sure they delete them before they leave in the same way that they should make sure they log out of webmail accounts when they use public PC's and friends devices to have a look at mail.

However i'm not aware that anybody has actually used this service via the DVD player as yet. Plenty have brought there own dongles and such like to access the netflix service though.

I do check it when i remember

I'm hoping some one might leave one behind one day so that i can have a look at what it's all about! :D :wink:
Mike&Chrissy

Chromecast instead

Post by Mike&Chrissy »

We installed a Chromecast 2 years ago and its still there. I'm not sure if it is actually used and many of our adult guests don't recognise the name. The general view is that they have better things to do on holiday on the south coast than watch catch-up telly! :)