Booking.Com payments

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
limousin-cottage

Booking.Com payments

Post by limousin-cottage »

I have just had my last ever B.Com guest stay, and have just found out that I have to wait until 15th Sept to be paid for a stay first week of August. Never had to wait this long before. Are they taking the Mick? Not only do they charge more than any other site I list on, but a six-week delay in getting paid!?
CSE

Post by CSE »

take your own payments. Booking only offer a service. I would assume you have read the T&Cs that you signed up to.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

casasantoestevo wrote:take your own payments. Booking only offer a service. I would assume you have read the T&Cs that you signed up to.
That's what I have been doing but I had two last minute cancellation, too late for anyone to rebook and I failed to obtain the compensation given in B.com t&cs. The guests refused to pay anything and B.com said there was nothing they could do as they were not holding the guest's money. So I have changed to the method of payment on the 15th of the following month on the basis it is better to get paid something even if late rather than not at all.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
CSE

Post by CSE »

OC you write that post as if you have a different problem with Booking than LC.
What have you been doing? Using Booking to take a reservation deposit?
We would never ever allow someone to hold the money which is rightfully ours to hold. You are simply not in control of your cash flow.
Cannot comment any further on either case,because we do not know what terms Booking as with you and what it says in your listing in Booking.
We all need to see links to clarify if something is a amiss.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I take the payments from b.com guests in line with my terms and conditions. As I only use them for last minute bookings payment is due in full at time of booking and I take it from their cards.

My terms are non refundable so if they cancel they lose the payment made.
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

In the past I have always been paid a week or 10 days after the let. No, I didn’t check the changes to T&C’s, which must be fairly recent. I don’t often get bookings from them, just when I have a gap to fill, which is not often. I don’t like them.