Invisible on AirBnb

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
rosebud

Invisible on AirBnb

Post by rosebud »

I advertise on Airbnb but it is very difficult for a potential guest to find my cottage

A friend recently searched for homes in the small town where my cottage is. Properties came up within a 6-7 mile distance but despite looking through pages and pages mine did not appear

Some people do find my listing .. around 110 a month.. but some other properties have more views in just a week

I assume I am difficult to find because most of my bookings are through other sources????
AndrewH

Re: Invisible on AirBnb

Post by AndrewH »

rosebud wrote:I assume I am difficult to find because most of my bookings are through other sources????
I don't know much about AB&B, but are you saying that, because they don't make much commission out of your property, they might be listing it near the bottom of the pile? Like HA's "Best Match" nonsense?
CSE

Post by CSE »

knowing nothing about which property you have it is impossible to give you some definitive answers.
Using your location and the word accommodation here is a screen shot of what comes up for me. This will last only 14 days.
https://screenshots.firefox.com/C400oUr ... google.com
Does that help??
AirBnb says that there are a fair number of properties in your location.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Absolutely Andrew.. not making much commission therefore no reason to display my property.

Jenny
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Thanks Ian and Irene

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear .. it is when one is logged into the AirBnb site that my property is so far down the list of properties (for Steyning) that it is very difficult to find.

Jenny
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

rosebud wrote:Thanks Ian and Irene

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear .. it is when one is logged into the AirBnb site that my property is so far down the list of properties (for Steyning) that it is very difficult to find.

Jenny
I searched for Steyning (Horsham District) and you are on the first page.