Whether to advertise Piano?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
CostaBlanca

Whether to advertise Piano?

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,

I am managing my friend´s villa while she decides to sell, rent long term, etc. She now lives in France. She has decided to leave her piano unlocked/available should clients want to use it. Do you think that it would bring any extra enquiries if I advertised it? Aparently the piano needs some minor tuning but my friend has been unable to locate somebody locally to sort it out. However, she still plays it whenever she visits.

Saludos,
Maria
Ps. Not sure in which forum to post this topic!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Maria, absolutely. I would love it!!!
gh

Post by gh »

Could be eye catching Maria, we have an electric keyboard and music sheets in our place we don't advertise that we do, however, we have had feedback that is it was appreciated on rainy days especially.

I play myself; and if others get some enjoyment out of it, it can only add to the holiday experience, whether its background music or someone picking out random notes it all adds satisfaction of the guests holiday.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Still on the music theme..we've had guests from Finland check out last week who suggested that we should have a Spanish guitar available at the villa....good suggestion for those who really appreciate how to treat musical equipment, but bad in the way that it could be misused by people who don't. So, on that note (sorry for the pun!)...no Spanish guitar available at our villa!
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Thanks, guys for your feedback.

I suppose that I was a bit worried about advertising a grand piano when it needs some retuning.! Also as it is located in the sunroom/conservatory, this room is not used much during the summer as daytime temps are too high.

"johnel" Having some music sheets available might be good idea. Thanks.

Maria
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi. When I first read this I thought that it was a brill idea to advertise the piano. I still do but if you are advertising a grand piano it really needs tuning for the people to enjoy it.It isn't a plinky plonk sort of piano ! I have a baby grand in my bar in France and it needed tuning badly. I asked around, no-one knew of a tuner. I ended up hunting in the phone book and although he was miles away the guy came and tuned it ( it was so bad he had to do it twice )-piano lovers will travel miles to do their job and my point really is that pianists who will appreciate the piano will want it tuned!

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Vally

Post by Vally »

During one of the brief spells my daughter needed something and was therefore speaking to me!! we housed her baby grand for a year or so, I advertised it and , don't know if it brought extra trade, but a number of folk " tinkled the ivories" and lots came from their rooms to lisyten so Ithink it is a good selling point....Iam a little doubful about where it is housed though, i would have though toooo much sun would not have been good for it ...my daughters was a particulally good one,we traced it back to the German factory where it was one of the last built before the war.....and we had to look after it very carefully
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Vally- I wrote a whole load about it shouldn't be housed in the sunroom/conservatory in my post but then hit the delete button cos it's not Maria's fault ! She is doing her best to help out a friend. :lol: My piano is art deco and isn't really that happy in my bar either where there is little fluctuation in temperatures cos it's slightly too humid for it :cry: Blimey- we're already feeling for this little piano- it's got to be a good selling point :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Here in this part of Spain, we don´t have a conservatory per se. This was an old farmhouse with a riu rau (covered terrace) where they would dry their grapes, etc. in the past. The arch ways have since been glazed after the the piano arrived in 1994. So the piano stays unless it is dismantled or the doors removed. :( It was the only place to locate the piano. While my friend lived there, the windows were kept open and the blinds drawn during the hot summer months so heat wasn´t too big of a problem for them. As my friends were professional opera singers, there was much tinkling of the ivories while she lived here. And as I mentioned earlier, she or a pianist still uses it when she visits. The tuner that used to live in the area unfortunately moved away. Anyway I might try and locate another tuner before advertising.

Thanks, again.
Vally

Post by Vally »

One of my big failings is " only looking at the pictures" and not reading things properly!!!!!! however I wasn't meaning to criticise the positioning of the piano ..just observing!!
I am also very envious of your Art Deco piano ...I collect everything ( except clarice cliff which I hate)Art Deco ...that I can afford!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow Maria- where the piano is actually sounds lovely! If they are professional opera singers there must be a lot of lovely music still wafting around- sounds like a definite plus to me :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the tip! :D

We have various musical instrument which are in our attic, (passing phases and all that!) but I'm now thinking that I can send them over to our villa for our guests to use. Although I draw the line at sending over my daughters Premier drum kit, I dont' think that would go down to well with the parents :o

On the subject of the piano, you could advertise on a music forum a good discount off the rental price for a piano tuner who wants to go on a busmans holiday! :wink:

Eileenx
Ju

Post by Ju »

We also have a piano, but it is very out of tune. I haven't had it looked at for fear of the cost, but I might now.

Fraise, what did you look for in the yellow pages? and how much did you pay?

Ju
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Last time I got my piano tuned in France it cost 70€. It is under accordeur in the pages jaunes.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yes, I think mine was something like that -it was more than I paid in UK but he had much further to travel too.