Legally required to do a Legionella RA?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Iqishigh

Legally required to do a Legionella RA?

Post by Iqishigh »

Hi,

We are just starting our adventure as holiday let owners, and are going through all the necessary legal checks and one that appears to be a bit confusing is the Legionella Risk assessment.

We had a company do an RA for us and they are likely to mark us as "medium" risk, as apparently there are a few dead pipes that need removing, the tank needs to have disenfectant put in and the tank itself needs insulating. They tell me these are only "recommendations" and there is nothing stopping us from letting the flat without actioning the recommendations. They tell me that it only becomes a problem if someone is found to have legionella that is linked back to our property.

Apparently the recommendations will cost £400-£500.

Anyone know if its a legal requirements to take the actions following a RA like this?

If someone is found to have legionalla, wouldn't my public liabiity insurance cover any costs??

Any help is appreciated. I work in the Risk industry so i am more risk averse than most.

Thanks

Dave