Cleaning help please

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
GillianF

Cleaning help please

Post by GillianF »

We have the ladder-type heated bath rail in a bathroom. I can just about get my finger through the 'rails' but can't get quite to the back of the rails and can't get my hand behind between the rails and the wall. It's a bit of a fiddle to clean the front and as far back as I can reach but there are still bits I can't get to.

So, how do I clean the rails of dust which builds up? Is there a clever little trick or device to do this please ………….

(Please don't suggest a steam cleaner as we don't have one and I am looking for a 'low tech/manual' solution.)

Thank you!
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

I have the same issue with a rubber seal (attached at the top but not bottom and waaay too tight to get my finger underneath!) on a shower cubicle - it gets cruddy underneath... Feed a thin cloth through your rail and use a hook or the likes to catch hold of the trailing end (through the rails that your fingers won't fit through)... grab each end of the cloth and see saw it back and forth to get rid of the dust.

Hope this makes sense... it's quite a simple procedure but describing it isn't as easy as showing it!!
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Look for Venetian blind cleaners. You can get them with a microfibre material on them for dusting between the blind slats. Perfect for your towel rail (I have one exactly the same.)
They are flexible but also stiff enough to do the job thoroughly.

Sorry can’t forget where I got the cleaner from but it will have been somewhere like Dunhlem.
Circé

Post by Circé »

Use a damp microfibre cloth wrapped around the head of an old toothbrush. Works a treat! Have just done the towel rail in our own bathroom, which like most of our house has been severely neglected over the summer season.
Kilm

Post by Kilm »

I had one of those rails. Also a pain to clean and really, not a very good use of energy.

Took it off and replaced it with a small smart electric radiator, and put a snazzy slimline towel rail on it.

Now I don't need to clean behind it, and when it's on, it at least heats the room!

Worth considering?
AppletreeGlamping

Post by AppletreeGlamping »

Kilm wrote:Took it off and replaced it with a small smart electric radiator, and put a snazzy slimline towel rail on it.
Can you provide more details on the radiator?

Thanks