How do you get rid of people ?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
whirlybird

How do you get rid of people ?

Post by whirlybird »

Hi

Most of our guests have been pretty good and leave at around about 10am as per their booking and our information book. A lot of the time i will chat to them for a while, After they have handed over the key, so my wife can get on with the cleaning. But, every now and then we get someone who takes a lot longer to leave. If there is nobody in after we usually tell them no rush, but when we have incomming guests we need all the time we have.

What do you do ?
https://www.moorparks.co.uk/farm-stay-self-catering/
https://www.facebook.com/moorparks/
Moorparks Holiday Cottages Moorparks, EX19 8NA 07850 356627

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in the correct order as they should be!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Just make sure they understand that at 10am you have to be in.

The day before I whatsapp them a reminder of what they need to do on departure, reiterating that they need to leave at 10am.

Normally (as we're on site) we start 'being around' about 10 minutes beforehand asking are they ready to go/do they need help with anything have they left the keys in the right place.

We always have the cleaners walking in through the gate at 10am so that's the final prompt.

Hope some of that helps.

Mousie
x
Martha

Post by Martha »

Same as Mouse - I used to get lingerers a lot until I did this.

If I'm around and it seems like they'd like to chat, I'll drop in the evening before.

But the main thing is the reminder. I have the check in and out times in all emails, and in the first confirmation I ask specifically if they want to leave luggage in case of early check-in or late checkout. Then I mention it in the final details email, again when I check them in, and again the night before. Doesn't have to be a big deal, just mentioned amongst the other stuff.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
COYS

Post by COYS »

Send a text the day before stating (again) clearly that departure service is scheduled for 10.00am & then turn up at 09.57 to wave them off.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

Forgive me for this one, just a suggestion though, an observation perhaps.

Are you yourself actually the problem?

Are you engaging with them more than is required encouraging a conversation and therefore prolonging the fairwell process longer than is required.

Off course be polite and friendly, say your good mornings etc etc etc but keep things brief and to the point requiring simple answers. a yes and no for instance. At a very early stage make it clear that the wife requires your help asap. Perhaps creep towards the door and through it as you talk to them.

Or simply but politely make it clear that they must leave. Tell a porky..... Your next guests are arriving much earlier than normall for some reason.

I think that you are the actual problem perhaps?
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I think that's probably a fair point. When we had guests on site and they were due to leave we would bustle around outside: get the lawnmower out, go here and there with buckets, clean linen etc. - basically, just be seen to be back and forth getting ready for them to be gone!

It doesn't need to be unfriendly or rude just a hint this is a busy day ……………….
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

What time do you do the regular changeover fire alarm test?
Just saying... :wink: