Anyone used or know of room occupancy sensors?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Kilm

Anyone used or know of room occupancy sensors?

Post by Kilm »

I've upgraded all my house radiators and have moved off of storage due to the inflexibility of them.

I'm running smart radiators that look like your normal wet radiators.

I want to try and tie these in to a room occupancy sensor - I've seen lots in the US but can't quite seem to find similar over here. Answer's on the tin - it lets the system or you see if the room is occupied via movement notifications and can adjust the heating to a suitable level based on this - or you can manually adjust.

My energy bill for the property is around £3-3.5k a year, so I need to do what I can to manage it. I've no options other than mains leccy.
COYS

Post by COYS »

Assuming 'here' is UK have a look at the green-i product range. I used them on our air con units for several years with some success, originally the timers & then occupancy detection (cpelectronics.co.uk)
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I have been looking at this for a family member who is replacing storage heaters. I assume you have checked with the manufacturer of your heaters?

I think you would need to either have something that integrates with the current controller or have to replace the heating element. if the heaters plug into a 13 amp socket then you could possibly use smart sockets linked to a PIR but I am not sure how reliable that would be. Also guests WILL fiddle and would almost certainly remove the smart socket and turn the heating up before they go out for the day.

The Green-i solution looks interesting if your heaters are suitable to be controlled by these, looks like they are hardwired so would be more complex to install.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Are these any good for you (or is it too late?)

https://haverland.co.uk/wp-content/uplo ... e-2018.pdf