Sacked By Computer

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
AndrewH

Sacked By Computer

Post by AndrewH »

"We suddenly got our account dismissed for accepting bookings outside of their portal which has absolutely not been the case. All they could say is that according to their algorithm we have been avoiding their commission."

This was posted last week by a (former) OD/HA(UK) property owner, on a well known review site. The poster went on to say that no commission had been forthcoming, for the single reason that he had not received any bookings through the HA site for a long time.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Something similar happened to me last year when my advert was taken off the Owners Direct site that my cottage was listed on.
The explanation for this appaling act by O.D. was that for some time I had not booked any queries that had come through the O.D. site.
The truth being I was contacting the potential guests and telling them to book directly through me thus for them to avoid the O.D. Service Fee that had just been imposed.
Considering I was an O.D. customer who had paid them a large sum of money for my cottage to be advertised on their site their action was at best poor customer relations and quite probably illegal.
I never renewed my subscription and would not touch this dreadful company with the proverbial 'barge pole', good riddance.
Keep your powder dry.
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

So glad I got out from this scummy company.