Accomodation for yoga/meditation retreat

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
sarahk

Accomodation for yoga/meditation retreat

Post by sarahk »

I would like to know if any of you have rented accommodation for yoga / meditation / pilates retreats.
and in case, how to contact people or centers involved ...
I have a holiday home in Sardinia, with 4 apartments, in a quiet area with a large garden and a swimming pool, very close to the countryside and a few minutes from the beach.
I do not offer catering, (no breakfast), it would be a self catering accommodation only. And only in low season (may,june, september, october)
Any tips?
Thank you!
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

I don't offer our place as a yoga retreat (the busy road next to us isn't compatible with peaceful meditation) but many people round here, do. All of them cater for the guests, so you may have to offer catering (particularly vegetarian/vegan) to attract groups. It seems to all be part of the wellness package that guests are looking for... basically an escape from normal life. Could you hire in a chef?

Round here, yoga teachers tend to put out ads on local Facebook pages, looking for suitable chalets, or approach chalets directly. If there aren't any suitable fb pages in your area, you could try contacting local yoga (and Mindfulness) teachers directly to see whether they would be interested.
Annew

Post by Annew »

Namaste Sarah!

I host a lot of Yoga retreats (and writers and sewing retreats too).

I am able to offer a large indoor yoga space and plenty of bedrooms, but the deal sealer is the in-house catering, which I provide (vegan, veg and non-veg), and the ability for the participants to take their meals together as a group.

If you take a look at the Group Accommodation page and use the retreats filter, it might give you some ideas.

:D
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!