Scam email enquiries

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mmmbobby

Scam email enquiries

Post by Mmmbobby »

Havn’t read of many scam attempts lately. Are we winning the war?
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I have had a couple in the last week, I am stringing them along for a bit of fun having seen this. http://www.bitoffun.com/video_vault/joe ... operty.htm

my chap tells me he working in Wales for a month before coming to stay with us for a month. In my last message I told him I was travelling the full length of Wales this week so would be happy to collect the deposit in person. :-)
Tillee

Scam Email

Post by Tillee »

I must have received an email from the same person.

Name is given as Peter Jacob. He states that he is an America citizen but currently in Wales for a business tip (lol) he wants to make a booking enquiry for two peoples from 2rd Feb to 2rd of March 2019 etc., etc., Get back to him if I have an opening for reservation during his stated date or not.

I shall not be replying.
Sunny Devon Is A Good Place To Be
Perran

Post by Perran »

I had this one too from peter Jacobs.
A Perran
Dandie

E mail scam

Post by Dandie »

I had the same one from Peter Jacobs. He actually got as far as sending me a Worldwide Canadian Dollar Draft drawn on Desjardins which the bank said has got no markings showing up on their light machine . I have now cancelled his booking. The address he gave was Canadian but the phone number was from North Carolina