Handpicked Cottages

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
SusanMay

Handpicked Cottages

Post by SusanMay »

Hi,

I got an email from Handpicked Cottages today - a subscription based website for advertising self catering properties. I've never heard of them. The mail says its a new website. Their twitter account started in June 2017. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this site, good or bad?

Thanks in advance!
Susan
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Hardly "handpicked" if they are pumping out cold call e-mails for subscribers. I'm supposing niche players like Sawdays make a living out of listing but surely the big players are too big to take on? BTW with ABnB going down a premium offering route maybe that days are numbered for niche players.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

They haven’t filed any accounts at Companies House yet, although they are listed.
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Not sure Julia Hands would be too impressed (Handpicked Hotels)
Sid T

Post by Sid T »

How much do they charge?
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

The charges are on their website. It’s quite a bit I think £150 &vat but may be a bit more.
That’s a lot of investment (gamble??) for an untested website advert.
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

The mail they sent me offered it at half that but I can’t help thinking they are going to struggle to get many web visitors. I agree that ‘handpicked’ sounds a bit of a misnomer if anyone can advertise with them!
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

May be they are hand picking who they cold call! I haven't heard from them (yet).