How to avoid bad guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Rosehill wrote:Thanks all for your responses. We will certainly be taking a deposit on the future. As we don't live near the property we were also considering a management company who can check the property and deal with any issues. Has anyone had any experiences good or bad with management companies?
To answer your last question have you done any further exploration on the suggestions you have in this thread?
viewtopic.php?t=28833
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Rosehill

Post by Rosehill »

Just to be clear my query relates to management companies who can provide house keeping services/care taking. Not agents. Thanks
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Sorry for late reply, I take 400 gbp damage deposit and do a 3 min walk round the villa before guests arrive with my phone or tablet. I leave the tv on to prove the time and date, also that the tv works ok. So this is the evidence if I cannot prove the damage i don't propose a deduction.

I do the changeovers myself so if I spot something damaged or a filthy villa, I would video the evidence and log the time involved to repair.

In the welcome notes i tell the guests exactly how the above works.

Seems to work for me. Most guests just fess up the damage and authorise me to deduct for reported damage. Before this i had a few bad experiences as I did not chrge damage deposit.