Unique Cottages

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Jemima Copping

Unique Cottages

Post by Jemima Copping »

I did a google search on my desktop for Cottages on Skye, and the top one was Unique Cottages, apparently they only deal with places in Scotland, so I thought I would ask if anyone here has had any dealings with them. I was advertising my website on the Cottage Guide but don’t think I have had any bookings through them, so I am looking for another as my contract is going to expire tomorrow and Unique Cottages has quite a nice website.
I also advertise on other sites.
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Sorry no experience of Unique Cottages but also regrettably gave up with Cottage Guide after having been them for several years, following 12 months with no bookings
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

rosebud wrote:Sorry no experience of Unique Cottages but also regrettably gave up with Cottage Guide after having been them for several years, following 12 months with no bookings
Same here, I had one enquiry a few months ago which came to nothing.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Jemima Copping wrote:
rosebud wrote:Sorry no experience of Unique Cottages but also regrettably gave up with Cottage Guide after having been them for several years, following 12 months with no bookings
Same here, I had one enquiry a few months ago which came to nothing.

Unique Cottages only operate in Scotland at the moment. I think I will give them a try as they only charge commission.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Are you on Independent Cottages? I joined after reading about them on the forum. I was worried as youpay them to set up your advert the first year, but it is a good site that brings in bookings.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

zebedee wrote:Are you on Independent Cottages? I joined after reading about them on the forum. I was worried as youpay them to set up your advert the first year, but it is a good site that brings in bookings.
I have heard about them, I think I may have contacted them in the past but cannot be sure. It seems quite expensive. Most of my bookings come direct through my website and I adverise on IsleofSkye.com and Walk Higlands both of which are subscription only both less than £100. Also on ABB, HA and TripAdvisor of whichABB gives most results, but only for short breaks. I am looking for the most coverage for the smallest outlay!
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

That is very much my approach as well, and I also thought they were very expensive so did not list.
However, I renewed after the first year. They send a lot of converting traffic to my website and you can list late availability. I would suggest you try them.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I listed with Independent Cottages for a few years..I also left them after 12 months without a booking .however I am now thinking of going back after Home Away subscription is no longer generating bookings.