Anyone heard of these guys, IHA?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Codliveroil

Anyone heard of these guys, IHA?

Post by Codliveroil »

They seem to have been around for years looking at their posted reviews going back to 2007, (perhaps). I have never heard of them and I searched LMY nothing comes up.

https://www.ihacom.co.uk/

https://www.iha.com/

I received an email inviting me to join with a 3 month waiver of their fees, just wondered if any one has tried or even heard of them?[/url]
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

The previous owner of our place were with them so we carried on for a few years afterwards. Unfortunately they only brought us the New Year week, which is our easiest to sell, so we ditched them. They were about 170€ for a yearly subscription at that point and just wasn't worth it for one booking a year.
Cotto

Post by Cotto »

We have been listing for free with them for 9 years. We receive from them two really annoying e-mails each day with offers to upgrade our subscription. I really mean two promotional e-mails each single day of the year.
We have always kept the calendar and prices updated but we had received only 3 enquiries (1 booking) in 9 years. I don't know if other people had more success with them.
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

I wrote to them and said that their 3 months free offer was not worth the hassle of listing and asked for 12 months to give it a better chance to which they agreed, so I listed with them. There are a few peculiarities in the listing process and I am still waiting for my website url to appear but at least my listing is up and running, lets see what happens in the next 12 months, but I'm not holding my breath.

The thing that I don't like is that they only have 5 possible rental seasons that you have lump your weekly prices into. I have about a dozen different rates so I have had to overprice some weeks to get them all in to the 5 price brackets. They really need to sort that out!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I’ve had constant spam from them for years, which tells me everything I need to know about them.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We've listed with IHA since December 2009.

Since then:

2010 - 4 enquiries - no bookings

2011 - 3 enquiries - 1 booking

2012-2014 - nothing

2015 - 1 enquiry - no bookings

2016 - 1 enquiry - no bookings

At first we received guests' contact details in the enquiries, then IHA started blocking the information.
We paid them €95 in 2011 for a year's subscription. Another €10 with a special deal in 2014 for a further year. Between these dates we still received enquiries, but we only extended the subscription when we actually received an enquiry in order to unblock the message.
A lot of our enquiries that have come in via IHA have been for dates that are unavailable in our calendar (which we keep updated), so we didn't bother to extend the subscription.

It doesn't cost us anything to continue with them, but has at least brought us a €1,500 booking in.
More than can be said of theholidaylet where we have listed (for free) also for 10 years, but without one single booking.....