New Law introduces urgent measures on holiday rental owners

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Marks

New Law introduces urgent measures on holiday rental owners

Post by Marks »

Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I think that Spain-hol have got lost in translation. The new rules in Spanish use the word "favorable" and by my interpretation this means that there must be at least two thirds in favour of changing the rules of the apartment block. It does not mean two thirds in favour of holiday letting. I believe it used to require unanimity to change fundamental aspects of the constitution of an apartment block. So it sounds like the Government are making it easier to change the rule applying to the use of the property.
According to Nicola of Spain-Hol, "At least three-fifths of the owners in a community must vote in favour in order to allow the tourist use of properties in a community". I am fairly certain that Nicola has translated the amendment without taking into account the established law.
Additionally, it is not three-fifths of owners but rather three-fifths of ownership. If somebody has a 4-bedroom with 100 sq/m they will have double the voting power of Joe Bloggs who has a 2-bedroom of 50 sq/m.
PS> Sorry this is a bit tardy. I have been away over the festive season.