Tax on rental properties Post Brexit

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Swales

Tax on rental properties Post Brexit

Post by Swales »

I have been notified by Home Away about the new requirements regarding providing tax information in Spain. I currently have a licence and pay my rental tax for each period as required, I also pay my non resident tax. Just wondering what the tax implications will be for UK citizens after Brexit. Currently we have the dual taxation agreement and as EU members pay 19% tax on this income If we leave EU does this mean no dual taxation and 24% tax!!! In addition I am currently able to make deductions for reasonable costs incurred relating to renting the property. After Brexit no deductions can be made. This will make a massive difference and am beginning to wonder whether it will be worth rent8ng our property at all.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Nobody knows.

Some people may try and give answers for each of the 223 different scenarios that may possibly occur, but nobody has any effing idea of what may happen in the next few years.

I believe this is true regardless of what you read or hear in the media or even worse from any politician.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !