Airbnb

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Pringles2014

Airbnb

Post by Pringles2014 »

I’ve advertised with Airbnb for years, but in the last 2 years i’ve Had 1 booking ! When I search for my property is so far down the list I don’t think anyone sees it. My average month views at 30 ! Any ideas how I can boost it without doing instant bookings as I’m on booking.com
Cheers
Oh life !!
Cotto

Post by Cotto »

We're in the same situation as yours. If your house is in the countryside, just move your house in a nearby city.
Jokes aside, in my region Airbnb shows mostly city properties even when you search a location/village half an hour from the city. I think it's the same everywhere. They have heavily penalized country homes in favour of short stays in cheap city apartments. For most people Airbnb is an alternative to a hotel.

Try to look in your calendar if your price is far away from their suggested one. So probably the only thing you can do is lower prices to attract the typic Airbnb travellers. Their suggested prices are so low that I do not understand how we could manage to cover all the costs.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I had a similar experience...but just over a year ago managed to get around 5 bookings in 2 months after putting up new photos and rejigging prices with weekday and weekend rates
Since then I have managed 7-8 bookings over 12 months.. still don't have superhost status.
hmy7k

Post by hmy7k »

Last year got about 20 bookings via airbnb, half on their site and half came direct.

We are in the countryside and sleep 12.

I suspect the more you put through them the higher up the search you find yourself.

Make sure your photos are top notch.