Marketing has changed so much...and then I found this...

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
KayTaylor

Marketing has changed so much...and then I found this...

Post by KayTaylor »

I had been out of the hospitality industry for quite a while and things change so much, so quickly, these days.

I can't really remember how I found the Hospitality Community on Facebook but it's full of hospitality owners all over the globe, who support each other. It's run by a chap from Yorkshire, UK, called Mark Simpson who was brought up on a farm with holiday cottages. He provides some amazing hints, tips and training - it's great.

I enjoy it so much I just thought I ought to share this so those here who don't already know about it can join.

Boostly is also another great site with loads of information, blogs, downloads etc.

Since joining the Hospitality Community and Boostly I have learnt about so much:
  • How to run the Perfect Facebook Competition
    Instagram
    Website tips
    Blogs
    Chatbots
    Email Marketing
    How to get to the top of the listings in Google
    The good, bad and the ugly about which booking engine to use
    How to discover your ideal customer
    What a Facebook pixel is and how to use it best
    and...
    and...
and... just far too much to list here - can you feel my enthusiasm :?:

Here are the links:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HospitalityOwners/

https://bit.ly/Boostly

:D

Blimey, I nearly forgot - the main purpose of the above groups is to increase Direct Bookings, saving a fortune on commission payments! I don't know about you but that is music to my ears :!:

This is my first post so forgive me if I have done anything wrong here.

www.4degreeswest.online Holiday Cottage on the south coast of Cornwall
Last edited by KayTaylor on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Develop yourself to develop your business
Proud Member of the Boostly Academy bit.ly/Boostly
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I see you are actually affiliated with Boostly - so this is a bit of a disguised advertisement.....
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Cymraes wrote:I see you are actually affiliated with Boostly - so this is a bit of a disguised advertisement.....
..... as in not disguised at all? :roll:
KayTaylor

Post by KayTaylor »

Exactly - no disguise. If I wanted to disguise, do you not think that my username would be different and perhaps I wouldn't mention my business either.

I am proud to be an ambassador of Boostly and I have invested my time and a significant sum of money to be a member of the Academy, for the benefit of my holiday cottage.

I make no apology in sharing the greatness of this.

To clarify - Boostly does not have an affiliate program where anyone can join and just gain on the back of links. To be an ambassador (which is far more than a traditional affiliate) you have to be a fully paid-up member of the Academy and then, and only then, are you offered the opportunity to gain a little of your membership fee back in the way of referrals.

I would never refer anyone to something which I didn't think would truly benefit them.

Whether anyone takes a look is clearly up to them; I am just sharing my honest experience.

Thank you for the feedback as I appreciate other straight-talking people.
Develop yourself to develop your business
Proud Member of the Boostly Academy bit.ly/Boostly
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

It’s a pity the academy doesn’t teach you the importance of doing your research, which is a pretty key part of any business.
Reading the Forum Rules before posting would have been some useful research...
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Boostly, that sound very Trumpesque.
Cheers
PC
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Well I read the pitch to save everyone else the time.

Yours for a bargain £897 or 4 easy payments of £250....

Might have been nice to mention that upfront too?

It is sounding more and more like a MLM scheme with money back for referrals?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Cymraes wrote:Well I read the pitch to save everyone else the time.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Cymraes wrote:Well I read the pitch to save everyone else the time.

Oh my...! I sniggered when I read the pitch at first, as it sounded like a cross between a Facebook hoax post ('Read this... so interesting... I never knew you could cure warts by rubbing toothpicks on them... don't forget to share to save a life...' type) and the old style desperate, almost evangelical I've-been-sucked-into-a-pyramid-selling-scheme-and-hope-if-I-sound-overly-positive-I-won't-be-the-only-person-who-falls-for-this-scam attempt. However, this isn't snigger-fest material, really. £897 is a serious amount to lose on a dodgy scheme... in the words of some famous TV personalities... I'm out.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

Thanks Cymraes for reading it for us all and saving us the bother. I must say it all sounded a bit Kool-Aid to me. Those of us who have been working in this business for a number of years know that there is no easy solution to bookings and also know how useful this forum is for experienced old-timers and newcomers alike in an ever-changing environment when truly practical solutions based on experience are discussed. I have in the past fallen for spending lots of money up-front on the promise of easy bookings - it doesn't work.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Well said Sanchisimo. Over nearly 10 years on this forum I’ve learned an enormous amount from the experiences and generosity of others, all of it invaluable.
And all of it freely given.
COYS

Post by COYS »

+1 gb

Can't blame the OP for trying though? I know it's against the general etiquette but there are numerous posts advocating (albeit far less costly) social media/marketing tutorials, guides, webinars, courses etc in bygone posts, so I can see why the OP saw an opportunity to espouse.

Fortunately, & thanks to the abundance of freely exchanged information, most here are able to see right through the claptrap & there's nearly always someone (thanks Cymraes) prepared to do the hard yards for the general benefit of all :D
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.