Non professional Siret registration

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Sandra

Non professional Siret registration

Post by Sandra »

Chatted with a friend in Nice and she spoke about non professionals need a special Siret registration number needed. Then she went on to say that perhaps this was only needed if advertising on Bdotcom and Air bb because they collect tax and need your registration number. Any thoughts please.We are only open for less than 4 months of the summer. Pay tax of the day and declare all income on tax papers.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Even if you are "non-proffesionelle" you will still get a siret number allocated by the impots.
It should appear on your last tax statement.
What would Plato do ?
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Thanks for reply.
I looked over all tax papers and no reference to Siret number.
I also chatted with a friend locally in a similar position who in turn chatted with her French friend. They all looked at their tax papers and no absolutely nothing.

It does appear not all departments are asking for this.
Can anyone throw any more light on this please.
Has anyone got the CERFA number relating to this as well. Thanks again.
Is anyone else in the same position not registerd?
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

We have two places for letting, both non professional. One a B&B advertised on BC, ABB and our local tourist office, the other a classic summer beach holiday letting advertised via our two websites. We pay taxe de séjour on both. We don't have a SIRET number and have never been asked for one.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
paolo

Re: Non professional Siret registration

Post by paolo »

Sandra wrote:Chatted with a friend in Nice and she spoke about non professionals need a special Siret registration number needed. Then she went on to say that perhaps this was only needed if advertising on Bdotcom and Air bb because they collect tax and need your registration number. Any thoughts please.We are only open for less than 4 months of the summer. Pay tax of the day and declare all income on tax papers.
You may be confusing a SIRET with a registration number. A SIRET is issued to you if you set up a business. You don't have to have a SIRET to rent a property out.

A registration number is now required by some French cities (including Nice) for your rental property. Platforms like Homeaway and Airbnb that collect taxe de séjour on your behalf require you to enter your registration number in order to advertise with them.

If your property is not in one of these cities then you do not need a registration number.

Look at your local commune's website for information on what is required of you regarding taxe de séjour. You may also be part of a communauté de communes, which will have a website explaining it. It will tell you if you need a registration number. It will also tell you that if you are renting your primary residence for less than 4 months you do not need to declare yourself at your mairie.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

paolo wrote:
Sandra wrote:Chatted with a friend in Nice and she spoke about non professionals need a special Siret registration number needed. Then she went on to say that perhaps this was only needed if advertising on Bdotcom and Air bb because they collect tax and need your registration number. Any thoughts please.We are only open for less than 4 months of the summer. Pay tax of the day and declare all income on tax papers.
You may be confusing a SIRET with a registration number. A SIRET is issued to you if you set up a business. You don't have to have a SIRET to rent a property out.

A registration number is now required by some French cities (including Nice) for your rental property. Platforms like Homeaway and Airbnb that collect taxe de séjour on your behalf require you to enter your registration number in order to advertise with them.

If your property is not in one of these cities then you do not need a registration number.

Look at your local commune's website for information on what is required of you regarding taxe de séjour. You may also be part of a communauté de communes, which will have a website explaining it. It will tell you if you need a registration number. It will also tell you that if you are renting your primary residence for less than 4 months you do not need to declare yourself at your mairie.
I am slightly confused by your statement Paolo.
If you are not an enterprise ie business to run gite renting then why are you liable for CFE (Cotisation Fonciere d'Enterprise) ?
What would Plato do ?
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

bornintheuk wrote: I am slightly confused by your statement Paolo.
If you are not an enterprise ie business to run gite renting then why are you liable for CFE (Cotisation Fonciere d'Enterprise) ?
I am confused by this query. I have never been asked for CFE and before you mentioned it, was not aware of it.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Thank you Paolo that makes complete sense . No idea what
B Inthe UK is talking about CFE . I think he is having a laugh saying the Siret will be on the IMPOT automatically when we are not registerd.

It does appear that there are quite a number of people like myself who only open a few months of the year just to top up income , not as a main buisness . I will go and present our meuble de tourisme paper from 2012 when we registerd at the Mairie and hope it will suffice . thank you again Paolo and oasiscouple.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

OK, I am going to see my local Tax Office next week because for the last 2 years I have been charged CFE even though I have always filled in the Tax forms as Meuble non-proffessionelle.
So Sandra, I am not "having a laugh" as you decided to say but maybe being taken for a ride by the tax authorities. I dont need such statements when only answering questions based on my own experiences.
You need to respect other people more before making such a comment.
Peace.
What would Plato do ?
paolo

Post by paolo »

You would only be paying CFE if you are registered as a business (entreprise). But you don't need to be an entreprise to rent a gite.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

paolo wrote:
You would only be paying CFE if you are registered as a business (entreprise). But you don't need to be an entreprise to rent a gite.
Well according to my local tax office where I have just come back from a meeting they consider that running a couple of "meubles de tourisme" constitutes a business and therefore I have been allocated a Siren number and because my commune has decided to apply the CFE, they could have decided not to, then I am liable to pay.
Because I pay CFE I do not have to pay Taxe de Habitation on the 2 batiments that constitute the rented properties.

I would check with your local tax office to find out why you have not got a Siren number for running a business.
What would Plato do ?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

For those who are interested in becoming "legal" and having a siren for their gite business here is the cerfa formulaire - Cerfa n° 11921*04
And here is the link to the official page
https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... oits/F2043
What would Plato do ?
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

As Paolo said "But you don't need to be an entreprise to rent a gite" so it is not a question of being legal or not. I have made the required declaration at our local Mairie, no need to go any further unless you are really insistant on giving more money to the government.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

oasiscouple wrote:As Paolo said "But you don't need to be an entreprise to rent a gite" so it is not a question of being legal or not. I have made the required declaration at our local Mairie, no need to go any further unless you are really insistant on giving more money to the government.
I think the phrase "dont shoot the messenger" is applicable here.

If you dont want to read the document I linked to which clearly states that you need to register with the local mairie and with the Impots then thats OK.

Paolo obviously has a different opinion to the government of France.
What would Plato do ?
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

bornintheuk wrote:
paolo wrote:
Well according to my local tax office where I have just come back from a meeting they consider that running a couple of "meubles de tourisme" constitutes a business and therefore I have been allocated a Siren number and because my commune has decided to apply the CFE, they could have decided not to, then I am liable to pay.
Because I pay CFE I do not have to pay Taxe de Habitation on the 2 batiments that constitute the rented properties.

I would check with your local tax office to find out why you have not got a Siren number for running a business.
It is our understanding that there are rules about what you can earn before you become professional. Here is an explanation copied from the Impots site:

"Un loueur en meublé est professionnel lorsque les trois conditions suivantes sont remplies :

un membre du foyer fiscal au moins est inscrit au registre du commerce et des sociétés en qualité de loueur professionnel ;
les recettes annuelles retirées de cette activité par l’ensemble des membres du foyer excèdent 23 000 € sur l'année civile ;
ces recettes excèdent les revenus du foyer fiscal soumis à l’impôt sur le revenu dans les catégories des traitements et salaires, des bénéfices industriels et commerciaux (autres que ceux tirés de l’activité de location meublée), des bénéfices agricoles et des bénéfices non commerciaux.

Dans le cas où l'une de ces conditions n'est pas remplie, le loueur est considéré comme un loueur non professionnel."

Therefore being professional or non professional is not necessarily a choice! Maybe the revenu from your 2 gites exceeds the levels allowed to be non Prof.

VT