Guest Toiletries

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Chantal

Guest Toiletries

Post by Chantal »

Hi I manage a high end holiday let in Malta. In the past we provided our guests with an individual organza bag with a small shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and soap which looked very pretty and I thought was a pleasant little extra. However we found that they were generally only partly used and often not at all and contributed significantly to the substantial amount of plastic waste. So we stopped and only provided liquid hand wash. I have so far avoided using mounted shampoo/shower gel dispensers as I personally fall into the ‘goodness knows what cheap stuff these are being refilled with’ and don’t use them myself - is this just me? Do you use them?
I would like to provide our guests with a little something and can’t put my finger on it....
I would be super grateful for any suggestions
Many thanks &#128591;
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

Just leave a bottle of Marsovin's Cassar de Malte or any wine produced locally. Don't bother about shampoos etc as most people prefer to buy their own.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I just leave bottles of mid range handwash by each basin.

Not the basic supermarket ranges nor the very high end (they'd go walkies) but something in-between.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

we leave pretty handwash dispensers by each basin and the kitchen sink. I choose ones that are organic or sensitive or have attractive clear liquid and bottle. Omce they get down below half way I remove them, buy fresh and use the leftovers in our own house.

I tried small organic shampoos and conditioners last year but am not going to repeat it because the contents were only part used.
Kilm

Post by Kilm »

I buy a couple of high end branded hand washes from a local manufacturer that cost about £5 each for a 500ml bottle, and then buy the 5 litre tubs for £10 to top them up with.

Works out cheaper than anything else I could find and they smell great - Sea Kelp from Scottish Fine Soaps.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I provide full size toiletries from Out of Eden. Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower gel and body lotion in one of my properties. All well used and they look good. So far nobody has nicked them!
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

I Provide Toiletries from Rituals that i purchase from a hospitality supplier

Hand wash for the sink and Showel Gel/Body Wash in the Shower
all are contained in stainless steel wall brackets which i can refil from 1 & 5 litre containers it also saves on packaging using a key i can remove and clean the brackets
it is a unisex fragrance an seems to be well received

+ the guests can not just take the toiletries home :)
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower