Booking.com payments

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
ianh100

Booking.com payments

Post by ianh100 »

We are getting an increasing number of bookings via booking.com, it is not a route we like but in low season we release a few weeks ahead with settings as strict as possible.

We don't take payment from booking.com but with our cancelation settings guests must provide card details to booking.com to make the reservation. We then send them an invoice for the full booking cost which always seems to get challenged, we have to explain that they have not paid until they pay us directly.

Does anyone else have this issue? I am thinking of adding a paragraph explaining this in the first email but I can imagine it will still frustrate people. I am not sure if b.com actually take an authorisation against the card, I assume they do.
CSE

Post by CSE »

As far as we are aware Booking allows only 3 methods of payment to be made by guests.
1) The accommodation takes the details of the CC entered by the guests when making a reservation. Thus the accommodation undertakes all of the processing and must ensure the storage of the payment information is done securely.
2) Booking takes the payment upon the behalf of the accommodation. This is then paid by Booking to the accommodation. There is no payment security issues for the accommodation.
3)No advance payments made. Thus the guest pay upon arrival!
Reading your post you are within the latter. Is that correct?
The idea than payment is taken via Booking gives the guest some sort of piece of mind. Are you asking for CC details via the internal communication system of Booking? Have you got permission from Booking to do do this? What are your reservation T&Cs on your Booking page?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi,
Perhaps my problem is I fall between these options.

I only use stripe for payments which I don't think allows me to enter someone else's card details. on B.com the customers card details are hidden from me. So I use option 1 but as I have strict cancelation policies the guest must give the card details to B.com even if they never get shown to me. I then contact them and request direct payment.

2. this option was not available when I signed up, I think when it was later but was not attractive to us.

3. We manage off site so can't take payment on arrival
CSE

Post by CSE »

Cannot comment any more unless you link to your listing. Only seeing that would give us any opportunity to establish what is wrong.
You could be not in compliance with Bookings T&Cs. That is for you to establish.
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

We dont take the payment until 30 days, part of our T's and C's on B.C.
We do use Stripe, but dont invoice any client, just take the payment and send our receipt around 30 days prior.

Using FreetoBook they take the CC details, which allows us to view once, then the CVC isnt valid to view any more.

Is that helpful?
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

If BC takes payment when do you get paid?

A Xmas booking left in January and we have been paid today. Surely not right.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

No idea, I take the payment on my terms, in my bank about 5 Days later
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

if bdotcom takes payment, you receive it on 15th of month after....
CSE

Post by CSE »

apexblue wrote:If BC takes payment when do you get paid?

A Xmas booking left in January and we have been paid today. Surely not right.
it is about right, after all you make your commission payment just once a month.