website review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
ianh100

website review

Post by ianh100 »

Hi All, I would appreciate your feedback on my current website. Having had a very traditional site I pretty much threw this together over Christmas so that I had something that would work on a mobile.

I promised myself I would then complete and refine in the new year. Thank you to anyone prepared to take the time for a quick look and make comments.

https://www.dorsetholidaybarns.com

Many Thanks
Ian
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

It looks lovely both on an IPad and IPhone.

Just a couple of minor points, the bookcase looks quite bare and dark; something on the shelves such as a vase other small ornaments would show it off better.

I would add dates to your reviews - they could be years old. Guests don’t know that your website is new.

The picture of the beach could do with being in brighter sunlight. Although the sky is blue, the picture is a little dark. You should be able to replace this easily enough later in the year when we have a sunny day.
I’m being very picky, I can’t find anything else that is not really good.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi Zebedee,
Thanks for taking the time to review. I take you point on review dates and decided not to add dates specifically for the reason you mention. If I add dates I will have to frequently update the reviews to ensure it looks current. Not an easy answer to that one.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

What about including just the year the review was written?