Any recommendations for promoting Holiday Home?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
croatian_villa

Any recommendations for promoting Holiday Home?

Post by croatian_villa »

Hi,
Currently I am promoting a vacation rental house on several sites including Booking, Airbnb, Homeaway, Tripavisor (The normal). Since homeaway stopped the opportunity of promoting the property the number of bookings enquiries have dropped substantially. I have almost 20 reviews on Home Away. Airbnb and Booking have had no bookings as I've only just signed up so have zero reviews. Reluctant to drop prices too low as the property is aimed at medium range not budget.

I see some owner sites like simply owners that charge around £300 a year but theres no guarantee this will generate bookings.

Are there any sites you use that bring on a decent number of enquiries a year? I'm looking at ways to get bookings and potentially pay out on a commission basis. Any other ideas to increase bookings?

Thanks in advance
C
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I wish I could answer your question, although I don't think you are alone croatian_villa in having difficulty in filling your 2019 calendar. Where we are in Greece, our island's popularity as a tourist destination has increased to the extent that the airport's capacity has been nearly doubled. But unfortunately so has the number of tourist hotels, villas and apartments increased at an even faster rate during the 12 years we have been operating. It's making the job much harder and more expensive in advertising costs.

Simply Owners have provided us with only one booking for this year, which in fact is better than one or two other sites we have used in the past.

Keeping prices steady year on year may be a good idea, but reducing prices is not likely to achieve the desired result (IMO). In my experience the majority of holidaymakers do not make their choice based simply on price.